Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming app not tracking lengths

(Topic created on: 31-05-2019 09:53 AM)
Andrewrwatson
Apprentice
Options

Hi I've tried resetting the watch and still no joy!!

Basically whenever I go swimming I turn the swimming app on but it doesn't track my lengths. 

I've adjusted the pool length on the options to see if that made a difference but nothing 

Did a reset on the watch...nothing

Really frustrating 

37 REPLIES 37
AndrewL
Options
@Andrewrwatson: Please can you confirm the model number of your watch? In the meantime, please be advised that when you select Swimming, the recorded value may not be accurate in following cases:
– If you stop swimming before reaching the end of the lane
– If you change your swimming stroke midstream
– If you stop moving your arms before reaching the end of the lane
– If you kick with your legs on a kickboard or swim without moving your arms
– If you do not pause or restart the exercise by pressing the Back key, but finish the exercise by pressing the Back key and tapping FINISH
0 Likes
Andrewrwatson
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Andrewrwatson: Please can you confirm the model number of your watch? In the meantime, please be advised that when you select Swimming, the recorded value may not be accurate in following cases:
– If you stop swimming before reaching the end of the lane
– If you change your swimming stroke midstream
– If you stop moving your arms before reaching the end of the lane
– If you kick with your legs on a kickboard or swim without moving your arms
– If you do not pause or restart the exercise by pressing the Back key, but finish the exercise by pressing the Back key and tapping FINISH

I have the Samsung galaxy 42mm watch

My friend has the 46mm and the exact same settings as me but his works perfectly (we swim together regularly) I dont change stroke I simply set off and complete a full length  

I was wondering if it had something to do with it turning to 'watch mode' as it's not connected to bluetooth as my phones In the locker. But to me that's ridiculous 

maxmaxmaxmax
Student
Options

Hi i have the same problem, before it use to detect the Lenghts and now it does not anymore.

Can someone help?

Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem.

Been using my Galaxy Watch 46mm for swim tracking 3 times a week for the last 9 months.

2 weeks ago it stopped tracking mid session and hasn't worked since.

Try soft reboot, hard reboot and factory reset twice.

Can anyone at Samsung help ?

maxmaxmaxmax
Student
Options

yeasterday once again i try few things ...set the distance to 24 meter and set the goal to number of lenght...did a reboot..and it works for a session on 3 .

***** but give a try mate

0 Likes
Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

Not been In the pool for a couple of weeks but just given it a go but no joy.

Just another 0 metre swim 🙄

Cheers for the idea though.  Was worth a try.

JohnB67
Journeyman
Options

I am also having the same issue. Went swimming the last two Mondays and no record of the lengths  again.

Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

A quick update on the Swim Tracking issue that I’ve been having.

Finally but the bullet and took the watch to the Samsung Service Centre (Manchester) expecting the old water damage excuse.

They Re-Flashed the software on the watch before booking in for repair.

Just  got back from the pool and the watch is finally Tracking again.  The accuracy is still a bit out but think that’s down to my lack of technique 😀

If you have a Samsung Service Centre locally then I’d recommend taking it to them for a Re-Flash.

Hopefully that will help with the problems that we are all having.  Fingers crossed...

Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

Well....

Spoke too soon.  Swim tracking has failed again 😡😡

More than likely the lack of accuracy on Monday was the watch giving up again.

Looks like it’s another trip to the Samsung Service Centre again at weekend to book it in for repair, although it could well be a Software problem saying it started tracking again, all be it briefly, after the Software Flash.

See what they say......