Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Spotify app is missing on Non-Samsung phones' Galaxy Store

(Topic created on: 24-03-2019 03:52 PM)
illetyus
Explorer
Options

Hello. 

People are going crazy over this issue on offical Spotify community forum, so i start this topic here to raise awareness about this problem we are facing. 

This is not just a "Galaxy Watch" thing. I use Gear Sport and i can confirm that (you'll see in the youtube video) Spotify is also missing on Gear Sport too.

PROBLEM IS: Users of Galaxy Watch and Gear Sport can not find Spotify for Tizen in their Galaxy Store, which is located in Galaxy Wearable app. The users have one thing in common. They dont have Samsung phones. Spotify is aware of this problem. About 300 people just state "we have the same problem". The status is "under investigation" in spotify forums. 

I just want Samsung to be aware of this problem too. Maybe they should work together because it has been 2 weeks and nothing has been changed so far. Some people got Spotify v2.1.8 which is updated in March, some people dont even have this app on their Tizen watch because they can't find spotify on Galaxy Store!!!.

Check the forums below if you dont believe me:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/No-Spotify-on-Galaxy-Store-Galaxy-Watch/idi-p/469751...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/aznf9t/spotify_on_galaxy_store_has_reappeared_and_is/

I've also made a video about this situation. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNpeyZhfc8g

Please comment on this problem. I know i am not alone. Bring Spotify back!!!!

My specs:

Phone: Xiaomi Mi Max 3, Android Pie

Watch: Gear Sport, Tizen 4.0.0.2

Galaxy Wearable App: Latest version, 2.2.23.19021251

Please comment on this problem. I know i am not alone. Bring Spotify back!!!!

UPDATE 1

Quick update guys.
Spotify has re-appeared on my Galaxy Store.
No April fools.
Go check out.

Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
ksmets
First Poster
Options
Same issue here, fhanks for creating the thread, really! Sadly I cannot wait for the generic support answers:

Please restart your device.
Please update your apps.
Please try different network connections..

All which will have no effect at all. All we want is to know if this is actually being looked at and if there is a timeline for a possible, real, solution .

Clearly these things don't get tested for non Samsung phone owners... Otherwise this watch is amazing piece of hardware. Gimped by a huge issue like this. I can imagine Samsung not caring much for people not committed to their entire hardware lineup maybe? It's such an Apple thing to do..

My specs:

Phone: Pixel 3 XL, Android Pie 9.0.0
Watch: Galaxy watch 46mm, Tizen 4.0.0.1
Galaxy Wearable App: Latest version, 2.2.23.19021251
Galaxy watch plugin: 2.2.0519030741N
SwingShong
First Poster
Options

Same problem.. Can't find spotify in the galaxy store.

Tried everything.. Borrowed my girlfriends phone (galaxy 9) and used her samsung account, and then i could get Spotify installed on the watch. But even though i could use spotify on the watch with her phone and account, i still could not manage to understand how to download the songs to the watch to listen offline (have premium). Like i could on my Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro. 

My specs:

Phone: Sony Xperia XA1, Android 8

Watch: Galaxy Active

Galaxy Wearable App: Latest version

0 Likes
dfour
First Poster
Options

Same here. No Spotify in the Galaxy Store on my iPhone or my watch

My specs:

Phone: iPhone 6, iOS 12.1.4

Watch: Gear Sport, Tizen 4.0.0.2

Galaxy App: Galaxy Watch, Latest version, 1.8.19021402

0 Likes
dfour
First Poster
Options
Does not work on my Gear Sport that is paired with an iPhone.
0 Likes
scanmanps
Student
Options

samsung still does not understand the issue, I just got this unhelpful reply:

I understand that you are experiencing difficulty with your Galaxy Watch. I know how inconvenient it is. For now, kindly follow the basic troubleshooting steps below.

First download on your phone the Samsung Wearable Application

Kindly sync your Galaxy Watch on your phone.

From your Galaxy Watch go to Galaxy store and search for Spotify.

These steps should resolve the issue. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to send us a response email and I'll be glad to assist you.

0 Likes
tom89
Student
Options

All software up to date. I can't find Spotify with my pixel 2 and Galaxy watch active on Galaxy store. I have this problem since I bought the watch 2 weeks ago. First Samsung experience and it's not good...

0 Likes
GraceM
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem! Using the Samsung galaxy watch and iPhone 6s. It was working until a week or so ago and is now gone. Hope this gets fixed soon, it’s very annoying as having the Spotify app on my watch was the main reason I bought it.

0 Likes
wennie_pooh
Student
Options

Same for me. This is just another comment to raise awareness that there are lot of users, who are pissed by that.

My specs:

Phone: Honor 8

Watch: Galaxy Watch Active, Tizen 4.0.0.2

Galaxy App: Galaxy Wearable, Latest version, 2.2.23.19021251

0 Likes
pmatthew
Student
Options
I have the same problem as well. I can not find Spotify app in Galaxy Watch Store.

My specs:
Phone: Xiaomi MI8, Android 9
Watch: Galaxy Active
Galaxy Wearable App: Latest version
0 Likes
JackS10
Student
Options

Same problem.
Using my Huawei P20.
First Samsung experience is disappointing so far. Got this because of the Spotify feature. I love my spotify better and if not resolved within the next week I'm returning the watch.

0 Likes