Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Spotify app is missing on Non-Samsung phones' Galaxy Store

(Topic created on: 01-04-2019 02:37 PM)
illetyus
Explorer
Options

Hello. 

People are going crazy over this issue on offical Spotify community forum, so i start this topic here to raise awareness about this problem we are facing. 

This is not just a "Galaxy Watch" thing. I use Gear Sport and i can confirm that (you'll see in the youtube video) Spotify is also missing on Gear Sport too.

PROBLEM IS: Users of Galaxy Watch and Gear Sport can not find Spotify for Tizen in their Galaxy Store, which is located in Galaxy Wearable app. The users have one thing in common. They dont have Samsung phones. Spotify is aware of this problem. About 300 people just state "we have the same problem". The status is "under investigation" in spotify forums. 

I just want Samsung to be aware of this problem too. Maybe they should work together because it has been 2 weeks and nothing has been changed so far. Some people got Spotify v2.1.8 which is updated in March, some people dont even have this app on their Tizen watch because they can't find spotify on Galaxy Store!!!.

Check the forums below if you dont believe me:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/No-Spotify-on-Galaxy-Store-Galaxy-Watch/idi-p/469751...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/aznf9t/spotify_on_galaxy_store_has_reappeared_and_is/

I've also made a video about this situation. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNpeyZhfc8g

Please comment on this problem. I know i am not alone. Bring Spotify back!!!!

My specs:

Phone: Xiaomi Mi Max 3, Android Pie

Watch: Gear Sport, Tizen 4.0.0.2

Galaxy Wearable App: Latest version, 2.2.23.19021251

Please comment on this problem. I know i am not alone. Bring Spotify back!!!!

UPDATE 1

Quick update guys.
Spotify has re-appeared on my Galaxy Store.
No April fools.
Go check out.

26 REPLIES 26
JackS10
Student
Options
Hat a live chat with Samsung UK support. Agreed to escalated the issue to developer and asked to mention this concerns Tizen but not sure how long it will get back to me. Hope that we can all do that to pressure the developers to come up with solutions.
JakeTehSnake
First Poster
Options

Bought the watch to have Spotify on the go, experiencing the same issue. Shame on Samsung and Spotify, I have lost a lot of respect for them both. Been monitoring this issue for a week now since I bought the watch and absolutely no movement on either part. As someone who works at a large software company, this is absolutely unacceptable. 

0 Likes
Refael_grillo
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem here. Can't find the Spotify app at the Galaxy Store

Hope you guys fix this fast!

Phone: Moto Z

Gear Sport (Tizen 3.0.0.2)

0 Likes
Jdjdd
First Poster
Options

Same here.

I was using it with Spotify, but call notifiactions werent coming through anymore after Tizen update to 4.0.0.2.

I deleted the Galaxy wear app, and repaired the Sports Gear. Then apparantly a reset of the watch was needed.

Now call notifactions work, but Spotify is gone forever. Even tried to get it back trough backup restore.

It is the same ***** as with the Uber companion app. Get both available for not samsung users!!!

To be honest this hole tizen ecosystem sucks!

sejtenik
First Poster
Options

Me too, Gear Sport + Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, cannot find Spotify app.

0 Likes
Solution
illetyus
Explorer
Options
Quick update guys.

Spotify has re-appeared on my Galaxy Store.

No April fools.

Go check out.
wennie_pooh
Student
Options

Finally 🙂 Thanks for the quick note