Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something is rapidly draining the battery of my Gear S3 Frontier

(Topic created on: 15-11-2018 04:13 AM)
RedWolf
Apprentice
Options

Dear All, 

When I first got my Gear S3 Frontier, I was very happy with the watch.  A charge of the battery used to last me at least three days, and that was fine by me.  Then suddenly, the battery started being completely drained within about 10 hours.  

I thought that probably I have a power-hungry app installed, did a reset, install only trusted apps I have been using for a long time, and everything seemed fine again, battery lasts three days.  I thought at the time that the issue had been resolved. 

However, a few days later, the same thing happens again... and again... and again...  ever more frequently...  it seems to happen particularly after episodes of the watch having lost BlueTooth Connection to the phone, e.g. because of having been in airplane mode -- I travel a lot.  On a side note, I also have the BlueTooth reconnection issue that is being dealt with in a different thread, and may or may not be related. 

I have had the S3 Frontier now for about 7 months, and it has now become virtually impossible to use it for a full day.  Even resets no longer resolve the issue.  I have done a reset and not installed *any* apps, and yet the battery lasted only 10 hours(ish), so it's not just one dodgy app... 

Anyone any ideas...?

82 REPLIES 82
Vatche
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same problem since the last update.
0 Likes
SteveP11
Student
Options

I have the same issue so contacted support as it is still under warranty.  Support told me that it is a problem with the last update and a fix is on the way. 

Chrisg81983
Student
Options

I can't stand my Samsung watch With in 10 minutes of taking it off the charger it's at 50% battery It's kind of crapy when my Apple watch runs  2 days with no issues 

andyfdo
Student
Options

Since latest update installed on my S3 frontier im not even getting 15 hours, comeon samsung sort it out

PRSSD
Journeyman
Options

Same here, since last update I am lucky if the battery lasts 12 hours. Had this happen after an update previously and I uninstalled a bunch of apps and everything went back to normal, but this time I have reset/removed everything I don't use and the issue persists. If I disable Bluetooth and WiFi both, so it is in standalone mode, the battery still drains just as fast, thus it has to be something in the update that was applied to the watch!

Chrisg81983
Student
Options

@andyfdo wrote:

Since latest update installed on my S3 frontier im not even getting 15 hours, comeon samsung sort it out

I wish I got 15 hrs of battery life. I am lucky Kyle if I get 2hrs. If I use it it's dead in 20 min.

the_chupa55
Student
Options
same to me ;( only one day and again for charging
0 Likes
decoo
Student
Options

Install plugin 2.2.03.18101561 from mirror site and problem is solved. Back to 2-3 days of battery life.

0 Likes
Shazam0527
Journeyman
Options

I was a diehard fan of Samsung until I got the Gear S3 - The watch "charges" to 100%, the second I take it off the base, it drops immediately to 97%.  This morning I wore it for 3 hours, and I just got the "Warning, battery low, change to save mode?" alert.

I'll never buy another Samsung product again.

0 Likes
Shazam0527
Journeyman
Options

What plugin are you referring to and how do we find it?

0 Likes