Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something is rapidly draining the battery of my Gear S3 Frontier

(Topic created on: 03-12-2019 10:52 AM)
RedWolf
Apprentice
Options

Dear All, 

When I first got my Gear S3 Frontier, I was very happy with the watch.  A charge of the battery used to last me at least three days, and that was fine by me.  Then suddenly, the battery started being completely drained within about 10 hours.  

I thought that probably I have a power-hungry app installed, did a reset, install only trusted apps I have been using for a long time, and everything seemed fine again, battery lasts three days.  I thought at the time that the issue had been resolved. 

However, a few days later, the same thing happens again... and again... and again...  ever more frequently...  it seems to happen particularly after episodes of the watch having lost BlueTooth Connection to the phone, e.g. because of having been in airplane mode -- I travel a lot.  On a side note, I also have the BlueTooth reconnection issue that is being dealt with in a different thread, and may or may not be related. 

I have had the S3 Frontier now for about 7 months, and it has now become virtually impossible to use it for a full day.  Even resets no longer resolve the issue.  I have done a reset and not installed *any* apps, and yet the battery lasted only 10 hours(ish), so it's not just one dodgy app... 

Anyone any ideas...?

82 REPLIES 82
KiVi
First Poster
Options
I absolutely agree with this. Stay away from Samsung products!
0 Likes
hstad
First Poster
Options

My experience is that the Samsung Health App is draining the battery. I had a loss of 31 % during 12 hours. when I checked, this app spent 30% of it...

0 Likes
daiashthomas
Apprentice
Options
What, buds and watch? It's not just the watch, buds are acting up too. 😂
0 Likes