Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch/Tablet

(Topic created on: 17-12-2018 02:33 PM)
BryEvs
Apprentice
Options

Having just recieved the latest 46mm series 4 smartwatch with 4g i feel a little dissapointed, the watch itself is a fantastic bit of kit as is my tab s3 with 4g, what has let samsung down is how they stop the watch from connecting to the tablet, it will connect to anything else samsung but not the tablet, i use my tablet for everything including calls so when i got the watch thought nice be able to recieve calls without taking tablet out, but no for some reason that is blocked, shame really because it is an ideal pairingfor someone whowould like a tablet but due to finances can have either a phone or a tablet, it also means that to enable me to use the watch i now have to get a phone to set it up, this means more wires to charge all devices and more stuff to carry around, the reason i got the tablet was to reduce all the tech i take with me.

Come on samsung get your act together make the watches comptable with all your devices, you never know you may even sell more table and watch combinations then and that would be good for us as consumers and good for your profits.

3 REPLIES 3
TracyR
Options

Hey @BryEvs

The Galaxy Watch and other wearables are designed to work with phones, rather than tablets. 

I understand that you don't have a phone at this time and I'll be sure to pass your feedback and suggestions on to the R&D team. 

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Brian Quigley
Student
Options

Why can't I connect my Watch 4 to my Samsung tablet? I want to use the media controller on the watch to change the volume/video, etc. on my tablet while working out and watching videos on my tablet. This seems to me to be exceptionally compelling reason to allow the Watch to connect to your tablets. N'est-ce pas???? Make it so!

0 Likes
Brian Quigley
Student
Options

I was looking to upgrade my Samsung tablet to a newer model with a bigger screen, but now I've decide to look elsewhere. Samsung has let me down. I own two Samsung TVs, S8+, and a Tab. More than disappointed! Why can't I connect my Watch 4 to my Tablet??? Absolute flimflam. So called connectivity!!

0 Likes