Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I update a new Gear S3?

(Topic created on: 01-12-2018 04:05 PM)
Voodoorida
Apprentice
Options

I have just purchased a new Gear S3. I am concerned about any auto update of software when I first power it up. I have read numerous posts that certain updates increase battery drain. What updates if any should I use/avoid?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Personally I'm not a huge fan of avoiding any updates (Unless the most recent one is a "bad" one, but really bad ones tend to be pulled offline if they get though). The reason for this is that updates also have security updates - Not updating might put your device at risk.
Voodoorida
Apprentice
Options
So, I shouldn't be overly concerned about the battery drain issues others have posted about?
I messaged Samsung via Twitter to ask what the current Tizen update is (so I can do some research)......and they replied by saying they would like to look into it for me! So, they don't know? Or don't want to answer?
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
I personally wouldn't be overly worried unless there is one extremely large topic with tons of people complaining :winking-face: There isn't one as far I'm aware.

Regarding the tweet, can you link me to it for some context :winking-face:
Voodoorida
Apprentice
Options
Sure.....what's your Twitter ID?
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
You can post the link to your tweet here :smiling-face: This will also allow Samsung to review it :winking-face:
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Ah yes, I think that there is a bit of miscommunication there and that they wish to look at the internal list of issues for that specific version of Tizen. They probably misread your tweet a little bit (It happens :winking-face: ).

Added a quick tweet from myself linking to this thread to give twitter support a bit more context :smiling-face:
0 Likes