Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Second hand item

(Topic created on: 13-05-2019 09:52 AM)
Djm2008
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I need a repair on my galaxy buds. I bought these second hand brand new and sealed (preorder) and one bud has a fault. It's constantly charging in the cradle. I've tried all types of resets and the left bud is still doing the same thing. 

I don't have proof of purchase so the shops won't even speak to me. I've never needed proof of purchase as I've always had apple products before. They repair via the serial number being valid. 

Am I stuck with non working buds that will be in warranty as I cannot provide proof of purchase?? 

As I bought these new and sealed I should still be covered by the consumer rights act. 

Any ideas?? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Which shops have you spoken with @Djm2008  ?

If a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre have they stipulated they have to have the proof of purchase  ?

If so then the Buds would have been delivered with that paperwork.

I bought the black Samsung Galaxy Buds and they came with this paperwork.

May I ask Are you in the UK ? 

If so then please carefully check the Consumer-rights-act 2015.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Djm2008
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Thanks for reply. 

I spoke with Samsung experience store. 

Yes I'm in the UK. I bought these second hand so I have no proof of purchase. I cannot believe a company this large requires proof of purchase. I have a genuine item that is faulty and 100% in warranty as they are a few months released. Not what I would expect. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would check with Samsung Warranty process to see if it stipulates this in the Terms and conditions.

Edit > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

To make a claim under this warranty, end users must produce the original proof of purchase (i.e. when the product was originally sold to an end user). "

I've visited a Samsung Experience Store for a repair on a phone before but because I purchased the phone directly from them I wasn't asked for any proof of purchase.

Look at it this way _ 2nd hand Samsung phones are bought and sold privately and in Highstreet Stores every day so it would be a massive issue if Samsung declined support. I assume that the actual shops selling used phones attach their own warranty but that wouldn't help with privately bought phones.

The Samsung Team on here might be able to officially clarify too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options
@Djm2008: Sorry to hear of your frustration. It is likely that the engineer at the Support Centre has requested proof of purchase to cross reference the details and verify the Galaxy buds as an authentic UK/EU Samsung product. I realise that this is not ideal given that the paperwork is not available to you, however it is a necessary step in these instances.
Solution
Djm2008
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for all your help. Can't believe this is the case though. I think I'll have to make the transition back to apple. They fix anything in warrenty without proof. Shame. I was enjoying the Samsung experience. 

0 Likes
Members_SR5V5Hw
First Poster
Options

Would you sell them to mr

0 Likes