Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screen timeout not working

(Topic created on: 31-01-2018 08:26 AM)
Wendy72
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Does anyone have a screen timeout problem, it's set to 15 sec but this doesn't  happen. I have reset many times but still doesn't work and this  is causing my battery  to drain....

44 REPLIES 44
Bronkstomper
First Poster
Options

my phone is brand new and the screen wont stay on for moor than 15 to20 sec and its getting frustraitede

0 Likes
Solution
Lapusia66
Student
Options

I tried this way to set up the time - not in the setting application, but to push button on the top right corner of the screen (notification menu) - and voila ! i got my 5 required minutes instead of 10 seconds. miracle, please try this way. It is the same setting page but another path to reach and it works

Aryan
Journeyman
Options

I was having the same problem. A simple reboot helped me. Now its back to normal :smiling-face:

Galaxyj7
Apprentice
Options

I tried to reboot and it did not work,do you have a fix.

0 Likes
Aryan
Journeyman
Options

I dont think it was a hardware problem. So I would suggest you to find the app which is the culprit and reboot after unistalling it (Stay optimistic). Or else take it to Customer Care. You can try clearing Dalvic Cache from the recovery mode(it would not delete your personal data but it ll take few minutes to reboot after clearing it). Good Luck.

Brandi
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. Did you find a fix?

0 Likes
Aryan
Journeyman
Options
Hello. I got the screen timeout working just by rechecking the timeout setting ( though the setting were okay and were set to 30 sec) in display setting and then rebooted my phone. It somehow worked for me.
0 Likes
Diesel83
First Poster
Options

Why not

0 Likes
Thomas1957
Student
Options

Yup same problem. Can't believe Samsung lets their product get out to the public with such shoddy testing. Im ready to return this brand new Galaxy Tab 8 and never buy a Samsung product again.

0 Likes