Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screen timeout not working

(Topic created on: 23-05-2017 11:26 AM)
Wendy72
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Does anyone have a screen timeout problem, it's set to 15 sec but this doesn't  happen. I have reset many times but still doesn't work and this  is causing my battery  to drain....

44 REPLIES 44
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Wendy72 can you tell me what phone you have and the android number so I can best help out?

Nitz
Student
Options

Hai . Im using the galaxy s7 edge and my screen timeout isnt working and my screen isnt turning off while it charges as well . I checked my smart stay its actually turned off

Can someone pls give me solution to fix this problem?

Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Nitz,

Have you got the developer options open? if so you may have "Stay awake" on which will keep the screen on whilst charging.

Nitz
Student
Options

Yea i did and its turned off . And yet still problems remains the same

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Try safe mode see if it happens there and if not try clearing the hardware cache :smiling-face:

Erik3610
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Galaxy J7 Sky Pro today, I have tired EVERYTHING and the screen still shuts off after about 10-15 seconds. I cannot even keep the screen on using apps like "No Screen Off", etc. I'm about ready to smash the thing and go buy something else!!!!!

AlyssaChasteen
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy Express Prime 2, I just got it yesterday and have looked online how to stop it from turning off but can't find how to fix the problem. I'm taking this thing back to Best Buy! They have to do something or I'll return it and get my money back!
0 Likes
Lapusia66
Student
Options

Another type of error - I set the time for 5 or 10 mins but in a while it is switched to 1 minute. I am furious. Samsung galaxy tab S2 SM T719Y

0 Likes
Galaxyj7
Apprentice
Options

Phone timeout not working 

0 Likes