Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsungpay

(Topic created on: 25-07-2019 02:31 PM)
Phil27
First Poster
Options

Hi I have bought the new galaxy watch my samsung pay wont show up on my galaxy wearable how do I get it to show up on it so I can use samsung pay on my watch I have both took the apps of and put the back on but that didn't help it . 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

Hello!

Samsung Pay app availability varies by region to where the phone/watch was originated, may I know what country your devices were from, please? 
@Phil27 wrote:

Hi I have bought the new galaxy watch my samsung pay wont show up on my galaxy wearable how do I get it to show up on it so I can use samsung pay on my watch I have both took the apps of and put the back on but that didn't help it . 

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Phil27
First Poster
Options

I got my phone from the uk and the watch from America last week while I was over 

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

Thanks,

As mentioned, Samsung Pay availability really varies from which country your phone/watch came from.

Per US site: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/samsung-pay

Please check if your phone/watch is on the list below:

Compatible Devices
Supported Carriers:
• AT&T
• Cricket
• MetroPCS
• Sprint
• T-Mobile
• Verizon
• US.Cellular

Supported Devices:
• Galaxy S10
• Galaxy S10+
• Galaxy S10e
• Galaxy S9
• Galaxy S9+
• Galaxy S8
• Galaxy S8+
• Galaxy S7
• Galaxy S7 Edge
• Galaxy S7 Active
• Galaxy S6
• Galaxy S6 Edge
• Galaxy S6 Edge+
• Galaxy S6 Active
• Galaxy Note9
• Galaxy Note8
• Galaxy Note5

Compatible Devices
• Gear S2 Sport*
• Gear S2 Classic*
• Gear S3 Frontier
• Gear S3 Classic
• Gear Sport*
• Galaxy Watch*
*Watch does not have MST payment capability and only supports NFC payment.

@Phil27 wrote:

I got my phone from the uk and the watch from America last week while I was over 

(\_/)
(='.'=)

0 Likes
Phil27
First Poster
Options

I'm on 02 network and my phone is the samsungs8 n my watch is the galaxy watch the watch is the only thing I got from America but u would think if the wearable is picking up the rest of the samsung apps I have on the phone you would think it should pick up the samsung pay 

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Thanks!

This could be about the issue on compatibility of app.
You can use a separate Samsung Pay on your S8, but for your watch (have to install it through Wearables/Gear app) you can't use it well since the watch have the banks of America linked into it. Eligible banks vary by country/regions.

https://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-pay/
Vs
https://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-pay/compatible-cards/#bank

(\_/)
(='.'=)

0 Likes
Phil27
First Poster
Options

If I new the watch from the us wouldn't be compatible with my samsung pay uk I wouldn't of bought it but when I bought the watch no one even told me well that was a waste of money if the uk apps wont work on the us watch u would think use would make the watch all compatible for all countrys for the apps to work 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Different regions have different apps and requirements, @Phil27. We always recommend purchasing from your own region for maximum compatibility as well as warranty purposes. 

0 Likes