Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung waterproof scam

(Topic created on: 09-07-2019 07:31 PM)
amanolioudakis
Student
Options

After a short swim in the sea the galaxy watch active I bought 1 week ago just died! I called customer service and they told me that sea water is not covered by the warranty and neither pool water! This is outrageous! The watch is advertised as waterproof (IP68) over 50 meters but the warranty does not cover neither pool water (because of chlorine),  nor sea water (because of salt). So where should I swim, in my bathtub?

This is called customer fraud and should be addressed and samsung must be punished for it! I've read that in Australia a lawsuit has been filed for customer misleading for the exactly the same reason.

Dear Samsung, I demand my money back! This customer deception must stop!

2 REPLIES 2
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

IP, or Ingress Protection, is a universally accepted measurement of varying degrees for dust and liquid resistance. Waterproof  is different from water-resistance, thank you. 

@amanolioudakis wrote:

After a short swim in the sea the galaxy watch active I bought 1 week ago just died! I called customer service and they told me that sea water is not covered by the warranty and neither pool water! This is outrageous! The watch is advertised as waterproof (IP68) over 50 meters but the warranty does not cover neither pool water (because of chlorine),  nor sea water (because of salt). So where should I swim, in my bathtub?

This is called customer fraud and should be addressed and samsung must be punished for it! I've read that in Australia a lawsuit has been filed for customer misleading for the exactly the same reason.

Dear Samsung, I demand my money back! This customer deception must stop!

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

amanolioudakis
Student
Options
Thank you. You are right. The right phrase is "the watch is advertised as water-resistant to up to 50 meters". But my bad english is not the point here, is it?