Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy watch black screen

(Topic created on: 27-11-2018 03:13 AM)
Newwatch
Student
Options

I've only had my watch for 3 days. Today it vibrated a lot, but then there were no notifications. After awhile it just went black. I cant seem to get it to turn back on. I've tried shutting it off and back on. Battery was at 67% so it's not that. It does continue to vibrate occasionally on my wrist so I know it isn't dead, just the screen. Is it already broken??!! I love samsung products, but if it broke after 3 days of very minimal use I'm not sure samsung watches are something I want to own. Anybody have any ideas? 

Go to solution
145 REPLIES 145
VGotstobeaGS
First Poster
Options

Thanks. It worked! 

0 Likes
Memii
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the information. Worked for me, will keep an eye on going forward. Good work.
0 Likes
EricB31
First Poster
Options

Nada for me. Also did backup and restore...any more ideas? Samsung is not responding to messages.

0 Likes
FJ5
First Poster
Options

My active 2 watch went completely dead.The screen is black and I tried restarting it as suggested,I also placed it on the charger and tried to power it on,it's totally unresponsive,any other suggestions on what to do?

0 Likes
FJ5
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue,tried everything, my watch is completely dead

0 Likes
Haejo8
First Poster
Options

Omg thank you, worked perfectly! 

0 Likes
Ger_63
Student
Options
Yes it worked . Thanks.
0 Likes
Mia81
First Poster
Options

Hi!, my galaxy smartwatch is 2 weeks old and today turned it screen black...  I tried the solution that you suggested and it works!, thanks!!... but now I'm worried about it... will repeat again??, will be better to change it because is still under warranty??... 

0 Likes
Emptee
First Poster
Options

Hi, my watch is 6 months old and 2 weeks ago the screen went black. It is working in every way, charging, recording steps, notifications etc  I just can't see anything. My friend advised me to try all the solutions as mentioned. When I rebooted the screen came to life and said rebooting but nothing else. When I reboot now there's no longer life. I've uninstalled the app. It's driving me nuts and it will be weeks in the current crisis to have it repaired. Any other advice please?

0 Likes
GazzaH
Apprentice
Options

Sorry man, if that didn't work then I would see if you can exchange or get your money back.

It works for most people but there are the odd few where it doesn't make a difference, sad for you because I love mine.

Rgds Gazza.

0 Likes