Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 16-11-2018 06:16 PM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
Emmy_vaio
Apprentice
Options

Problem Fixed

raf_shc
Pioneer
Options

Yes fixed for me. But I've not had an update for a month. Strange. Here is my software info if it helps anyone. And to confirm it works for me. Screenshot_20200227-100704_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes
Emmy_vaio
Apprentice
Options

I think the update depends on your country.

From what i see, my software version seems to be higher than yours. As it seems you will have to wait for the update to be pushed to your device.

0 Likes
raf_shc
Pioneer
Options
I did have the new software update on the phone yesterday. I'm using a Note 10+ 5G. Maybe some 'fix' was included in that. Also I get the name of the caller on my watch just like a normal call and all the options.
0 Likes
Danish29
First Poster
Options

Yep. Issue is fixed. It's better then the apple where it will ask you to "see phone". With the upgrade I was able to pick up the call and talk with my Active 2 watch. Thank You Samsung!!

0 Likes
AuroraZz
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys, I just connected my watch to my S10 and yey I'm getting whatsapp call incoming notifications. Although it says the caller name as 'Unknown' even for contacts, it's much better not getting a notification at all. Perhaps it'll get better with some future update. My watch (a gear sport) still running tizen 4.0.0.4 version.

Thanks for letting me know. I was sooo tired of the iphone + watch experience. Finally I can use my watch with my android. Cheers. 

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Same here. Works now yay!!!!!!!

So much to my bug report and response saying 'not VoIP enabled' 

0 Likes
KingRies
Explorer
Options

Hi @raf_shc ,

I have the same software versions only the last one on my watch = TIMA 3.0.0 not TIMZ 3.0.0

Just to be sure. Sound is turned off on the phone?

I've resetted my phone for another issue (that resulted in unwanted complete reset of my watch too). This unfortunately is also not fixed, so much for the other suggestion someone made in this thread. Anyway my watch only rings for phonecalls not for WhatApp calls.

I'm really wondering why all of a sudden this thread is full of messages saying it is solved .... is it hijacked because it is not solved on my combination

Whoops, did a retest without any other blue tooth device connected. IT WORKS! And it even shows who's calling.

Indeed finally: Thanks Samsung

0 Likes
raf_shc
Pioneer
Options
Like I said I had no update on the watch since January. But I did receive an OTA update on my phone. I'm attributing the fix to the latter as nothing has changed on my way h or settings on the phone. Just the software update on the phone itself.
0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

I had a SW update on my GWA2 about a week ago and it's worked since then... 

0 Likes