Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 16-03-2020 08:30 AM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
EdDred
Explorer
Options

I can also confirm it works now

0 Likes
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

For le its also working finally!

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Bizarrely my missus has a Galaxy watch active1 and hers still doesn't work. 

0 Likes
Taloosparkle
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue, but today my mobile (Mi note 8 pro) updated to android 10 and suddenly i started receiving whatsapp call notification on my galaxy watch R800, i can answe it as well. I guess the problem was with my mobile after all.

0 Likes
Melvinasmash
Apprentice
Options

Still does not work for me Samsung galaxy s7 latest software update on both Phone and galaxy wearable 

0 Likes
asingh
First Poster
Options

Hi purchased galaxy watch yesterday and paired it with Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. The WhatsApp call feature was working fine and the watch was even displaying the name of the person who was calling. However, next day (today) the watch is not showing the WhatsApp call notification. No software got installed over phone or watch overnight. 

If you guys know of any setting that needs to be changed, kindly advice.

Thanks

0 Likes
Taloosparkle
First Poster
Options

Try changing the notification settings in the wearable app. Toggling between on and off for all the notifications you want. If nothing works try resetting the watch and pair again.

0 Likes
asingh
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply, I have already tried toggling the notification settings in wearable app. It didnt work so i tried resetting the watch and paired it again. Still the issue didnt get resolved. 

Was excited to see this feature but it went away next day 😞

0 Likes
dude2402
Student
Options
I reset my watch 20 times and even my phone. I also changed rom with Android 9 and 10. But whatsapp calls do not work 😞
However when I am on a whatsapp call with my headphones, the small green phone is displayed on the watch but with incorrect information...
Help!!!!!!!!!!! 😞 😞
0 Likes
asingh
First Poster
Options
Hi there, can you let me know which security patch level is currently installed on your phone as part of the software upgrade. You can view this Setting-> Software Update -> last update

Mine is 1 January 2020,however the call notification feature worked for me on the first day of pairing the watch with samsung s9plus phone (24th march). From next day it doesn't work .
0 Likes