Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch and whatsapp calls

(Topic created on: 23-11-2019 08:52 AM)
Ali96
Apprentice
Options

I've bought my galaxy watch yesterday and everything is working perfectly except for the whatsapp call. Im recieving all notifications even from whatsapp when someone sends me a message but when it comes to whatsapp call the watch doesn't vibrate or do anything to inform me that someone is calling me on whatsapp untill the call ends then the watch sends me a notification that i have a missedcall. However, im recieving phonecalls normally and when someone calls me a normal phone call the watch vibrates and allows me to answer or decline. Is their something i should turn on or do for the watch to inform me when someone is trying to call me on whatsapp like vibration or anything and not just send me a notification about a missed call when the call ends?

165 REPLIES 165
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

Its taking so long because Samsung doesn't care for their customers after selling a buggy product. I have several Samsung products at home and a very a happy user of them, but the Watch is a pain and so it the support 😞

sorgiulio
Journeyman
Options

I had bought me a galaxy watch for christmas. I'm going to return it without even opening it. This lack of whatsapp functionality and google services, and lack of care from samsung is unacceptable and made me change my mind. I'm not going to give all this money for keeping a bulky thing on my wrist that does pretty much nothing significant

sorgiulio
Journeyman
Options

Shame on you samsung this time, what a let down

0 Likes
bubaloo
Apprentice
Options

Thats true. Im using it for the oast three weeks and I feel like fitbit versa 2 has more values for the money.

0 Likes
sorgiulio
Journeyman
Options

Sounds like the best thing to do. Fitbit is owned by google so I expect things can only get better in terms of software and apps.

I bought the galaxy watch on cyber monday without having time to do any research but confiding on the long established partnership between samsung and google, but I'm returning it mainly because the two seem to be in competition now, at least when it comes to watches. And we all know there's no competition of course.

Samsung, come on...

0 Likes
bubaloo
Apprentice
Options

I dont know is it just me but i hate the slow software of Tizen in the watch. It sucks big time.

0 Likes
tenpaces
First Poster
Options

I paired my Polar Vantage V with a Note 10 and it vibrates on incoming whatapp calls.   Had to enable silent notifications in phone->settings->notifications for whatsapp.  

Unfortunately the exact same settings don't work with my Galaxy watch.  

0 Likes
Intelrhino
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, it's kinda sad to admit it but I also have a Garmin fitness tracker that can vibrate on various incoming calls, including Whatsapp. How lame is its, that we have the latest Samsung tech and it can't do it too. 

0 Likes
JvSanten
Pioneer
Options

Its even worse that no one of Samsung even care and say anything about this issue. Having an issue is one, not even replying and taking the customers serious is so bad. Never heard of the voice of the customer I guess.-(

Danish29
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I could get the call notification when linked up with Iphone but didn't get any when I i connected it to my S10. Very insane. I didn't new this before I got this watch. And whats with the whatsapp call. Why can't they get the whatscall working. Amazign samsung. You guys are worst then those chinese smartwatches which are way cheap and they work. LOL.

0 Likes