Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, are you listening? FIX THE BUDS CONNECTIVITY ISSUES PLEASE!

(Topic created on: 17-06-2019 02:20 PM)
Knightrider78
Journeyman
Options

So a quick Google brings up dozens of threads worldwide with thousands of people complaining about connectivity issues with their buds, mainly when the phone is in a pocket or you dare to turn your head or move your wrist if using a watch.

I love these buds for so many reasons, but the lack of acknowledgement from Samsung that there is a serious underlying issue with the connectivity of the buds is shocking. Am I the only UK based consumer who is finding the constant drop outs and interference really annoying? It totally ruins the user experience.

And yes, software up to date on both the buds and my Note 9 and yes, tried restting them numerous times. Please someone say they've found a permanent solution or Samsung are aware and working on a fix...?

5 REPLIES 5
Knightrider78
Journeyman
Options

Two weeks and nobody from Samsung fancies responding?!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Knightrider78. I did an experiment over the weekend to see if I could replicate the same thing with my Buds.

I paired them to an unlocked UK Galaxy J6 on Android 9/One UI.

I put the phone in my jeans front pocket and walked around my room, which also had a laptop on Wi-Fi and a TV & Sky box on, along with another smartphone on. No change in the connectivity.

With the phone still in the pocket I took the jeans off, folded them, put them on a bean bag, piled two large cushions on top – and a leather jacket. (Just for good measure.)

With my Buds on (along with some other trousers on, ‘cos I didn’t want to scare other people) I then walked out of a room that’s known to be a tad troublesome for getting signals in and out – and took my tape measure with me.

I got to around 8 metres before the signal chopped out.

Once safely within that range again, the Buds reconnected.

I repeated all of the above a few times, and in a leather jacket pocket, and also with the Buds paired to an unlocked UK iPhone 4s on iOS 9.3.5.

I got the same results. (The iPhone did marginally better BTW.)

So, looks very much that not all Buds’ signal chops out just by a connected phone being in jeans or a jacket. Even when moving about, or within 8 metres away in another room and with stuff piled on top. If easily broken connectivity is a mass underlying product issue with the Buds then I'm extraordinarily lucky.

But for you and those in the same boat, it's more likely to do with your specific situations (e.g. your specific Buds - or connected phone’s BT - not working as they should be; or there’s some kind of signal interference/conflict going on in the environment you’re in; or related to that, the signal in the Buds/phone for some reason doesn't have as much oomph as needed to overcome local environmental conditions). So, reckon getting your Buds and setup checked out at your nearest Samsung Support Centre is your best course of action so they can determine what's going on in your case. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Knightrider78
Journeyman
Options

@antS Really appreciate the lengths you've gone to to test this, very impressive! Sadly it still doesn't help me much as i'm experiencing the same repeated issues every day I use the buds. To add, I am outside a lot but surely that's the main area of use for a device like this?!

I was trying to avoid having to go to the Saumsung shop as i've only had them for about three weeks and I strongly feel that this is a software issue rather than hardware fault. A simple Google brings up so many threads around the world of people reporting exactly the same problems, none with resolutions and many of them having already swapped their buds out. 

All I was looking for was some sort of recognition that Samsung are aware of the issue and are working on another software update to address it. I'll pop into the shop for a chat at some stage, but the way things are going, i'll probably be sending these back and getting a refund sadly.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB839GB839&q=samsung+galaxy+buds+connection+dropouts&spe...

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB839GB839&biw=958&bih=937&ei=ceQIXfOKLeK11fAP-NSAeA&q=s...

0 Likes
Knightrider78
Journeyman
Options

So the new software update has made this issue worse, anyone else having the problem?

0 Likes
KarolO
Student
Options

I've been having this problem ever since I started using them. When I go walking or inline skating, they have huge problems. I feel like I was tied with cabled earphones - I can't look too much rightwards, as the sound drops then (however, I can look to the left, that is strange), I have to put my phone in my pocket with the antenna upwards, otherwise the connection is even more troubled. I really hope it's gonna change someday, it's already a couple of months since Samsung has launched Galaxy Buds, and still nothing.