Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Support Staff in the UK

(Topic created on: 27-09-2018 09:50 AM)
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hoping someone more informed than myself (mods?) can answer a very simple question.

Why do Samsung staff claim that each time someone calls in raising the issues with Galaxy Watch that 'you are the first person who has reported this issue' followed by 'Samsung are unaware of any issues'?

This is the cause of most of my frustrations, not the fact the fitness functions would struggle on my daughters £15 fitness tracker, just the misleading standard response to each customer.

The Watch itself is a lovely thing and functions as a smartwatch very well in my opinion, HR, steps, sleep & Calories burned are not worthy of mentioning, they simply dont record correctly on my device or many many others from what I can see.

Shouldnt Samsung at least get all staff in line and tell customers, yes we have a software issue and are working on it or, yes we have identified hardware problems on certain devices, please arrange for a repair.

Simply denying anything is wrong and offering a refund or worse a replacement that has no scheduled date is damaging both this device and the Samsung brand in my opinion?

Imagine saying to someone, I am sending someone round to collect £300 off you, I'll pop it back to you sometime in the future, no idea when but I will, is that ok? Doesnt sound great does it but thats exactly what they are doing right now.

If anyone from Samsung mods are kind nough to read this, please just clarify if there is or isnt a problem and what us as customers can do to resolve it? Return, replace or look at other brands, Im ok with any but tell me before my 28 day return expires. Please

15 REPLIES 15
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

As instructed on this very forum I started to send log reports, screenshots etc to the engineers (4 of them in fact). On each occasion I had an email back after several days asking me to reset the watch and phone and reboot to resolve, despite my screenshots suggestion it may be Samsung Health V6 with Tizen 4 causing the issue. Then asked to carry out some steps that are not even relevant on the Galaxy Watch, baffling to say the least.

Ive given up now, they clearly dont want to or are unable to listen but feel obliged to respond to this method of contact.

They either know the issue but are holding out until the 28 days are up or they have no clue why so many Watches are failing so keep quiet.

Either way, it really isnt the best rollout and ultimately is damaging the Samsung brand at a time Apple seem to be bringing out a solid device (despite 18 hours battery) and Wear OS are about to realease new Watches, not mentioning Fitbit who despite having childlike looking watches have fitness tracking nailed in my humble opinion and support that actually do attempt to resolve issues via Live Chat

lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Agree. I think Samsung have got to be very careful at the moment. Several new watches being launched and no great feedback regarding these issues. I'm still hopeful an update can resolve the problems but it would nice if we were officially told this. 

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

AntS - Or in fact any moderator of your on here today, check this out..

After your suggestions to send logs to engineers via the members app I have submitted 5 all related to the steps/HR/calories burnt showing screenshots with logfiles. I've told them on numerous occasions I have reset the watch, rebooted the watch, resintalled apps and submitted links to reviews and groups where many many others have this issue, all I get back is this:

Samsung engineer response:

support.jpg

My query yesterday was in relation to stating a workout, no HR at all until I rebooted in the middle of my workout:

support1.jpg

Then after restart this total shambles: The graph is generous to be honest, throughout this workout the watch read nothing so I was surprised to even see some highs and lows amongst the flatlines..

support2.jpg

Im really not sure how Samsung expect customers to stay loyal to a brand that truly is offering nothing in the way of support on a device costing £300 and sold as a fitness tracker.

I have 6 days left I believe to return for a full refund, same as most customers in the UK, Im asking honestly if you or someone heading up your team/department can put our minds at rest over this issue, software or hardware. The problem isnt going away, at a time when your competitors seem to be releasing true fitness related products, the completre lack of support or achknoledgment of any issue is damaging your brand.

Look forward to your reply, unless its the same as the members app team in which case not looking forward to it at all :smiling-face:

GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AntS - Can you or one of your collegues explain what this means below?

I submitted log_dumps from Galaxy Watch + screenshots as requested in the members app and posted on the help content section of your website again which they requested..

Within 2 hours they had set them as completed with no contact to me or any resolve/explanantion? What does 'completed' mean inside Samsung, I may be wrong but to me it appears they have simply closed all questions after approx 2 hours without even looking at them? :thinking-face:

comp.PNG

0 Likes
XANDER
Apprentice
Options

Well my charger never turned up so I sent this slight annoyed emial.... At last I got an honest response. 20181001_135502.jpg

The email was sent due to several phone calls and emails to confirm a delivery date which had been confirmed on a number of occasions

Dissapointes to say the least 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@GaryBrett: They'll have closed all but one ticket to avoid duplication of response to you. All the info you sent will remain via your Members ID at our end though.

0 Likes