Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S7 Health app not showing route where we have walked.

(Topic created on: 13-04-2017 10:31 PM)
Trundle
Explorer
Options

Hi

My wife and I have recently purchased on  contract 2 Samsung SM-G930F 32GB Smartphones.  

We have configured our Samsung Health Apps for walking.  When we have finished our walks the route has not been traced on the map. It is counting the steps and the distance correctly but it does not show correctly (map traced) on the roads and footpaths. It just shows a straighline across the map from one point to another.

Is there some configuration settings that need to set to enable this function.

Note.  Previous to this, I had a Samsung S5 for 2 years and my wife had a Motorola G3.  Both of these using the Samsung Health app showed the walked  route correctly on the map.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Have a look under GPS and change it to high accuracy this will help and make sure power save mode is off  one of those sorted the same thing for me.

0 Likes
Trundle
Explorer
Options

I had it on high accuracy and it did not show the route.   I have the power save mode to OFF also and still no route shown.

The problem remains the same.  Has anyone else any further configuration changes that might solve the problem.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

I just ran mine and had no problems so lets cut down the options which phone do you have? can you list which permissions the app has set up (settings>application info) just thinking if I can compair we might find what is a drift, have you tried another app like "Mymaprun" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapmyrun.android2&hl=en_GB) just to see if another app works fine (try and cross off hardware).

0 Likes
Trundle
Explorer
Options

Thanks for get involved and assisting.

As you can see from my original Subject line the problem is with the Samsung S7.     In fact we have two (2) of them and they are both exhibiting exactly the same problem of not showing where we have walked on the map.  It is no big deal, just frustrating when we used to see the route on the two previous phones, a Samsung S5  and a Motorola G3.  

When you think this through, it eliminates one particular phone's hardware, because it is happening on the two identical phones.

I have installed the app you suggest above and will experiment and post back my findings.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Sorry I help out on as many posts as I can and often forget to check title lines, just had a random thought do you check your phones at any point in the trip? The only thing I can think that may differ from me to you is I have a gear s2 watch connected so when I go walking the dogs tomorrow I will leave it at home to see if I can emulate it. I hate to ser things not work as they should so very happy to help in any way I can. :winking-face:

0 Likes
Solution
Trundle
Explorer
Options

Despite changing many options that may or may not be relevant, we have this Health app does not work either of our two phones, so we have disabled it.

We have now downloaded MapMyWalk. It is a very simple program and works perfectly on both Samsung 7's and shows where we have walked.

Result

0 Likes
Helpifica
First Poster
Options
Hi. Have you got walking turned on in your Samsung health app? Go to manage items and turn walking on. Trying to help if I can
0 Likes
Helpifica
First Poster
Options
Hi again. Yes I just turned on walking in manage items. Then go back one, click on walking then click on the minutes walked at the bottom, this will then take you to a screen which asks you to Activate the map route. Hope this helps
0 Likes
Darth_Sploder
First Poster
Options

This happened to me. After Googling for ages I found a post about the Gear Fit using the phones GPS if it could. I don't know if its a permissions thing with the App but before my walk/run/cycle I disabled Bluetooth on the Gear, the next time I sync'd I had the route and not the straight line on my map.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes