Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay on Gear S3 repeatedly fails UK

(Topic created on: 11-12-2018 03:32 PM)
Borribles
Apprentice
Options

I have recently started using Samsung  Pay on both phone and Gear 3. Added HSBC card on both Samsung Pay &  Samsung Pay on Gear. No drama. However, after half a dozen payments the Gear stops working. Passcode entered,  pay button pushed and Gear vibrates but payment won't happen. I then  (frustratingly)  have to use my phone. 

I then  delete cards on both apps. Put them both back on and everything works just fine for a few more payments. Then....gear stops processing payments again!? 

Does anyone know why this is happening? I shall go back to using Android pay if this continues. 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Dom797
Apprentice
Options

So I returned the Gear S3 and bought Galaxy Watch and that works flawlessly with Samsung Pay. 

Maybe the Gear S3 had some hardware compatibility issue with UK contactless terminals that Samsung quietly fixed in the new watch. 

The Galaxy watch is running the same number version of Samsung Pay as the Gear S3. 

Asho
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever get theirs working? Here in Australia mine is having the exact same issues, just wont work anywhere with any eftpos terminals and constantly says multiple cards detected when I'm only using one card. Samsung pay is a piece of *****.

0 Likes
Borribles
Apprentice
Options

I'd have to agree that Samsung Pay is not great.  Since my original post I've had one HSBC card loaded on Samsung Pay which admittedly has worked flawlessly for near enough two years here in the UK. 

I've recently closed my HSBC account though as I can't stand their online\app banking.  None of my current banks or accounts are supported by Samsung pay.  So in the two years I've been using it they've hardly added any other banks.  Rubbish. I now no longer user it.  

I have just bought a new Samsung note 10! I wouldn't have bought one if Huawei weren't having problems with US. I shall monitor that situation and if it improves I'll jump ship.  Also I definitely do not want another Samsung watch as you can only use Samsung pay.  No Google support.  I still have a gear 3 so I'll wait for a decent watch to be released but unfortunately the galaxy watch seems to be the best atm. 

0 Likes