Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay UK on Note 5 SM-N920c

(Topic created on: 03-07-2017 08:44 PM)
Guitar_Bob
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I purchased my present Note 5 via an offshore provider - China/Hong Kong? - about a year ago.  In all other respects it is 100% UK compatible and connects to all networks, Android Pay etc.  However, I'm about to get a Gear S3 which (apparently) can't use Android Pay so have been looking into the Samsung Pay app.
The version on my Note 5 states "currently available in the UAE only".  There is no obvious link on the device to update the app and I can't uninstall it to do a reinstall.  The Samsung website states that Pay is now in operation in the UK and suggests go to settings/about/software update/check for update/OK.  I don't seem to have a software update option on my device?  (The Android OS was only just updated yesterday and is on Version 7.0)  Samsung website links just send me around a couple of screens and then either back to the main support page or to the front page.
Can anyone suggest a method of installing or updating Samsung Pay with the UK version on my Note 5 even though I appear to have the app already on my phone but not set up for UK banks?  Or is there a workaround of some sort?

Many thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It does sound because you have purchased a device from another country it may have that countries version of firmware on it which maybe causing issues.

The csc code is something to check which can be done by downloading the phoneinfo app from Playstore.

I have Samsung Pay on my s8 but my bank which is HSBC hasn't come onboard with it so I'm using Android Pay. Appreciate your wants use a watch.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Guitar_Bob
Journeyman
Options

Thanks BoB.  Have downloaded phoneinfo, what should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're welcome. 

Launch the app and swipe the screen to the CsC Code and note what it says your on. 

Then use Google to see what it is. 

For example mine is Btu which is a Samsung supplied phone. 

Guitar_Bob
Journeyman
Options

Thanks.  Turns out it's OJV which = AFR ECT FWD KEN KOR TMC TUR XFA XFC and XFE
(KENYA NIGERIA ALGERIA TURKEY and SOUTH AFRICA.  I think one of those codes represents United Arab Emirates which would explain the notification I get.
I don't want to have to reset the device but I think that is necessary if I wanted to change to the UK CSC?  I might just have to do without Samsung pay for the time being?

Many thanks for your help so far.

Bob

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No worries. 

It wouldn't be a reset ie factory reset but instead a case of putting a UK custom Rom on it which isn't as easy as it sounds and does cone with possible issues. 

Check out xdadevelopers site for help and advice if you ever wish to go down that route. 

Guitar_Bob
Journeyman
Options

Thanks again for your help BoB.  I'll just leave it for now and see if it becomes available at some stage.

Very helpful!

Bob