Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health to Strava isn't correct

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 04:37 PM)
SamLeSolide
Explorer
Options

Hi developers,

My galaxy watch active 2 (46) is really good.

The main issue is that when Samsung Health send my data to Strava, the global running time isn't correct anymore.

My last run of today : Samsung Health 30min40 and Strava says 25min44. Any idea why there is a difference in the time ?

For me clearly Samsung Health is right and data get wrong when going to Strava.

Thanks in advance for your support

Screenshot_20200331-173026_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200331-173214_Strava.jpg

302 REPLIES 302
emma-rose
Student
Options

I have also had this issue and am frustarted as I have just spent a lot of money on this watch for its performance to be far from perfect. When my samsung health workout uploads to strava the running time is significantly reduced thereofre drastically altering my pace and other stats. I don't really want to record every race as a run each time, if this is the method suggested by others. The only way my samsung health workout will upload accurately is if I export it as a gpx. file and then upload this to strava, but this is a very fiddly method which I would rather not do every time I go for a run, and it also erases any of the HR data taken during the run. Any more advice on this otherwise it seems I would be better to just return the watch and use my phone again. This would be a shame as it is really useful to see the stats on my watch as I run. 

gm1k
Journeyman
Options
I completely agree with you, and would like to see Samsung fix this. Until then I've discovered this free alternative watch app that automatically syncs to Strava, and gives all the stats during a workout.

https://run4gear.com/index.html
0 Likes
Skully14
Explorer
Options

How do we push this for a moderator to look at.?

It would be nice to know if there is a possibility it could be corrected, or not.

vbence
Student
Options

Hey,

I just experienced the same issue. First I was happy, as finally, my run showed up on Strava (my first two runs with my new watch did not sync at all). Then, I realized that the data was not correct: duration was shorter, and I also had minor issues with the distance.

I hope someone will have a look at this or at least point us to Strava if the issue could be fixed on their side.

Danimal1025
First Poster
Options

Ditto, same issues.  Below is what I got today from Samsung Health and Strava...

Screenshot_20200427-200835_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20200427-200921_Strava.jpgScreenshot_20200427-200934_Strava.jpg

0 Likes
kdbevere
Student
Options

Hey all,

I have the same issues. I sync Strave through my Samsung Health app on my Galaxy Watch.

I saw a 'solution' for this problem on another thread: just select on Strava that the activity was a 'race'. I know it's not as it should be, but at least yiou have the correct data.

Cheers

PS: Samsung please look for a more suitable solution!

Aidan8
First Poster
Options

Im having the exact same problem. Using Samsung health to track my runs and this seems to work fine. The problem comes when the data syncs across to strava. The times are all over the place and its really frustrating that the data cant get put across as it was recorded. My friends have garmins and apple watches and they dont have this problem. Its really disappointing because I really like the watch. I hope Samsung take note and hopefully fix the problem because for me if your selling it as an active watch and promote the watch with strava this should not be happening. As i said Gamin and Apple seem to be able to sync there data with no issues so i believe Samsung should be able to do this to. 

0 Likes
dawson258
Student
Options
I know the auto-pause feature in Samsung Health can confuse Strava, the use 'moving time' as a measure of pace. I tried to get around this by

a) marking each run as a race on Strava (which improved the accuracy somewhat to the Samsung recorded run)
b) turning off auto-pause, in the hope that the recorded run would sync across as expected with accuray

Unfortunately neither was an ideal solution and my runs are still getting sent over with around a 10% deduction in distance. I've ran the same route with my phone recorded on Samsung Health to the same outcome and also used Strava itself to ensure that I was indeed running a 10k route, which I was

Very frustrating!
0 Likes
OskarKim
Student
Options

Why is everyone so sure that it is the watch and Samsung to blame? That might be the strava app handles the data incorrectly. Have anyone tried to reach Strava?