Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 reactivation

(Topic created on: 19-08-2017 07:25 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I had to reinstall my phone a Samsung J5 forgetting about the reactivation of the watch. When I reinstalled phone I set up a new Samsung account password. 

Now the watch is asking me to sign in with the original account and I cannot remember the password. 

Can I  reset the watch and  start again. I have already tried reset and factory install but I have the same reactivate screen appear on the watch. 

I am currently trying to download to see if this gives me any joy. It is taking ages. 

Any other suggestion. It is only a couple of weeks old. 

Any help appreciated. Steve 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There willbe a way of resetting your password if you are unable to remember it. 

These are Security Protocols to stop anyone else using / accessing the device. 

A Samsung Experience Store will be able to reset the device as long as you have proof of ownership / bought If from them. 

A similar situation happened on my S7 edge when I couldn't remember my password after Factory Resetting. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks for your reply BandOfBrothers, I purchased the watch from Ebay, so can't physically go back to have it reactivated. If I had realised the problem this has caused I would have tried to turn off this security feature before restoring my phone. I think this is something that Samsung need to highlight in Big WRITING. 

Now I am not sure what to do. I guess write to Samsung direct. 

Thanks for your time and advice, much appreciated. 

0 Likes