Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro Not Counting Floors

(Topic created on: 07-01-2019 10:40 AM)
Stephenjp
Journeyman
Options

Just got my Gear Fit2 Pro last week. Still learning how to use all the functionality.

0ne issue is its not counting correct number of floors, I  just tried walking stairs by holding my hand low at the bottom then rising my hand high at the top then walked down in the same way but it still did not count.

Annoying glitch! any way of addressing this issue ?

6 REPLIES 6
Cufflinks
First Poster
Options

I got my Gear Fit 2 Pro about 3 weeks ago. I came from the Fitbit EcoSystem where I had been for a very long time. As I had the Samsung Galaxy S8 + phone and was thoroughly enjoying that, I figured I would give their wearable a try. After reading good reviews and press about the watch, imagine my surprise when I Walked a total of about 18 floors in a day just to see that I had walked 2. What is up with that? Fitbit has NEVER had any issue registering floors. The Gear Fit 2 does a lot of things well. I can play music from it. It has on board GPS. But the floor detection mechanism is off? I really don't want to send this back but this bug needs to be fixed. Makes no sense, whatsoever.

Locrian
Apprentice
Options
Also found that the floor counting indoors is iffy. Basically you have to climb maybe 2 flights to get 1 flight counted. I can live with this but compared to the Fitbit One (still the most accurate step/floor tracker I have ever owned) it is nowhere near as accurate. Outside it does a better job at measuring elevation, however. I just know that 20 floors on the Gear means maybe 30. Not a deal breaker for me.
Nick_Scuderia
Apprentice
Options

I found out what influences the counting of the stairs, i made a video on YouTube showing i walked 15 floors and it also counted 15 floors.  I also noticed that swinging my arms could disrupt the measurement of stairs, so i keep them as still as possible to not disrupt the airflow that goes around my wrist.

Good luck with trying, if you have any questions let me know i think i can support with giving a logical reason for the problems you encounter.

sheilarenee
First Poster
Options

I have found that if I jog (or run) up the stairs, it counts.  If I ascend at a leisurely pace, it's hit or miss (mostly miss).

BlackBriard
First Poster
Options

Wearing 2 x gear fit 2...one says 2 floors all day while the other registers 154 floors (ones belongs to a friend)  I do lots of walking up and down hills etc and struggle to get into double figures. Any ideas?

0 Likes
KJD29
First Poster
Options

I carry my 8 month old up and down the steps daily .I know info up and down 8 times a day. I barley counts 1 stair. When I first got the watch it counted more stairs.

0 Likes