Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear Fit 2 - major fault

(Topic created on: 08-10-2017 01:37 PM)
s4xtx
Student
Options

Hi, I purchased a Gear Fit 2 watch in December 2016 (Samsung UK online store), over the past several weeks I have had problems charging it, it just would charge when placed in the charger, over the last week (first week in Oct 2017) it has powering off even though it is charged, and sometimes I could turn it back on but other times I couldn't. I managed to get the watch powered back up and carried out a factory reset, I thought I had resolved the problem as the watch lasted 24hrs with no issue, but it then shut itself off, again it had a battery reading of around 40%. When I managed to power it back up the screen was fading in and out of brightness and focus wasn't perfect, then the screen became covered in what I can only describe as static. If I can power up the watch it flickers the screen on and off.

With the information I have provided I obviously assume there is a major problem, I am trying to confirm what I need to do regarding sending the watch back to Samsung under it's warranty, what information do I need to supply and what is the expected time for inspection and repair or replacement? If anyone has any information on this or previous experience I would be grateful to hear from you. Thanks. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @s4xtx

I’ve had a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge screen replaced due to the hardware issue of a pink line at my local Samsung Service Location under Manufacturing Warranty which took 3 Woking days. 

It all depends really on the work required, part availablity and what repairs jobs are in front of yours. 

Samsung Experience Stores Have repair centres usually in them too. 

Turn around i would expect to be faster by using a high street option than sending it away due to added on shipping out and back timeframes. 

As you bought directly from Samsung Uk the purchase will be on their systems.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
s4xtx
Student
Options

Thank you for the information, I will try and take the watch to a local Samsung service centre and see what information they can provide. Once again, thanks.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You’re Welcome. 

:smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes