Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy watch bezel not working

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 05:43 AM)
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

Has anyone else had the problem of the bezel not responding to being turned? Mine seems to freeze and even sometimes the watch page goes the oposite direction to the direction that I am turning it. I have had a replacement watch and the replacement has also been fixed at the service centre and now this! I'm not impressed as the years warranty is up in a few months and then if it breaks again I'll be left with a useless watch!

19 REPLIES 19
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @Rach77 

I've seen posts where dirt etc has somehow gotten into the watches bezel causing minor issues.

I'd certainly have the watch looked at via a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre. 

In the UK Samsung phones and Watches are covered by a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you, I will do that. I didn't know that my watch is covered for 2 years.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

Screenshot_20190514-065549_Samsung Internet.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options

I took my watch to the Samsung store and they fixed it in a day and I picked it up the next day. I have to say that I am impressed with the customer service centre. My watch is currently working again. I'm excited about the one ui update thats coming soon too. Thanks for your help.

Naufal
First Poster
Options

Hi I'm facing the exact same issue in my gear S3 classic

What did they say at the service center, what exactly did they do to solve the problem?

0 Likes
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
The service centre replaced the whole watch body as far as I can tell. The protective plastic stickers that were on my brand new watch when it arrived were on the watch I got back from the service centre.
0 Likes
KronDestroyer13
First Poster
Options

Yeah man I'm literally having the somewhat of the same issue. It's the weirdest thing, the watch's bezel does not work what so ever on my hand but as soon as I take the watch off it works perfectly... put it on, no go, take it off works perfect... and I just received the "fixed" watch in the mail this morning from the repair center. I use my watch alot due to being in a clean room at work so it's a bit frustrating being without it another week. They suggest I send it back once more so im pitting it back in the mail as we speak and hoping it will he eligible for a replacement this time. Im happy with how fast it got back to me and the fact they use next day shipping but I litterally included that issue to the tech and it seems like they didn't even check it on on of their arms before throwing it back to me. Well see what happens this time I suppose 🤷‍♂️.

Solution
AveryBalliette
First Poster
Options

Make sure you don't have anything magnetic near the bezel when you turn it, including any aftermarket watch bands with a magnetic clasp. I JUST discovered that my aftermarket band was interfering with my bezel. Caused these exact effects.

Lol1550
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much i was just going mad just before i wanted to sell my unscratched galaxy watch 3 and bezzel just stoped jumping arround so i tightened the strap which made bezzel not working at all :face-with-tears-of-joy: turns out it is really magnetic bit of a strap that do it. well spoted and thank you again