Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch wrist pain

(Topic created on: 03-01-2019 07:24 PM)
EvieD
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Rose gold ladies watch yesterday. I set it up no problem last night but after just 2 hours of wearing it I was experiencing severe pain in my left wrist & left hand was shooting with pain. I had to take off, today I tried it again and severe pain. I changed it over to my right hand and again after a few hours same unbearable pain. I have worn fitness trackers 4 years with no issues. Is there a solution for this or can the watch be returned? I even took extended warranty out on it so I am very disappointed. 

52 REPLIES 52
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hi there @EvieD

That doesn’t sound right! Have you spoken to your GP about the pain you are experiencing? We would highly recommend in doing so if you haven't already. If you’re unhappy with your watch we’d recommend discussing this further with your retailer to discuss your options. 

0 Likes
EvieD
Apprentice
Options
This has only happened last night & today I have never had any issues or pain with my wrist before so haven't approached my GP. I thought last night that it was perhaps the weight of the watch & my hand adjusting. In work today quite a few people said they have had similar issues with various wearable devices from apple watches to fitbits. It seems some sort of sensitivity to technology so close to the skin. I found a large thread on it on the American Samsung community but couldn't find direct solution. Hence trying on here, to see if there was anything that could be adjusted in the watch to help or I dont know a patch to wear . I've a Samsung phones for over 12 years so I want to be able to use this otherwise great product.
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Thanks for letting us know @EvieD,  I would urge you to speak with your GP, as at this stage I'm unable to advise or confirm if it is the watch that has caused the pain. Your GP will be able to take a closer look into this for you, and recommend anything else you need to help treat this. I hope this helps! 

0 Likes
Zeezee12
First Poster
Options

Hi  yes the exact same thing happened to me, I just got the same watch yesterday and I feel a dull throbbing pain in my wrist directly underneath the watch, which subsided after I take it off. I understand Samsung/the moderator will never admit to anything, but yes it is clearly the watch. I assume so many wireless signals being concentrated in one spot on your body creates sensitivity issues for some people.

I will have to return the watch tomorrow, I’m very disappointed, as apart from the terrible terrible battery life, it is a great watch.

Beej
Student
Options

I just bought the watch last Saturday and I am having the same issue.  I feel a dull ache in my wrist, occasionally it will also hurt into my elbow and fingers.  Sometimes is not bad, other times it's too intense to wear it.

I watched a YouTube video about this for the Apple Watch, they suggested wearing the watch two fingers above the wrist bone and loose enough that you fit your finger under the band.  I didn't think I was wearing the band tight, but I loosened it a little more anyway, it does seem to help, although, the pain isn't completely gone yet. 

Beej
Student
Options

I have a solution that worked for me and I hope it helps you too.  I talked to my doctor and she said this happens when nerves in the wrist are getting pressured where it's not used to it.  This is usually because of the band.  I was getting pain in my wrist, elbow, and fingers but only when I wore the watch.  She recommended the first thing to try is changing the band, wearing it loose and then gradually tighten as your wrist gets accustomed to the new pressure. 

I bought a leather band and wore it loose for about a week, then a little tighter for a few more days.  I now wear it snugly and I don't have any pain at all.

I hope this helps you. 

Michelle26
First Poster
Options

I've had the same pain from shoulder to wrist that started after getting the watch and only occurs when I wear the watch. Do you mind sharing what replacement band you got that helped?

Biscuit3
Apprentice
Options

I've had my watch now 5 days and second day the pain started, it is defernatly the watch sensors.

I have watched a video on YouTube about the possion on the arm/wrist So I'm giving that a go. 

Love the watch and concept but the pain have been extremely bad, to the point over the weekend I couldn't use my left hand.

reamsa
Journeyman
Options
I had the same problem and after searching wrist pain because of a watch I came to the conclusion it's the HR sensor pushing on the nerve in your wrist. I was wondering if I stuck it out would the nerve get use to it and then it wouldn't bother you anymore. So it's good to see your doctor's response that it will. I happen to have leather straps so ill switch it out. Earlier I loosened my watch and pushed it up about 2 fingers above my wrist. It feels a lot better! So people looking for suggestions loosen it and push it up higher its likely irritating the nerve in your wrist which your nerve is what sends pain signals to your brain!