Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch wrist pain

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 04:39 AM)
EvieD
Apprentice
Options

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Rose gold ladies watch yesterday. I set it up no problem last night but after just 2 hours of wearing it I was experiencing severe pain in my left wrist & left hand was shooting with pain. I had to take off, today I tried it again and severe pain. I changed it over to my right hand and again after a few hours same unbearable pain. I have worn fitness trackers 4 years with no issues. Is there a solution for this or can the watch be returned? I even took extended warranty out on it so I am very disappointed. 

52 REPLIES 52
minna5
First Poster
Options

Ihave been having severe pain in wrist and going into my fingers, after taking off the watch 42mm rose gold, the pain subsides .  What is causing this?  

0 Likes
Biscuit3
Apprentice
Options

Hi minna5,

Im not 100% sure, but from.what I'm looked up it has to do with the raised bit under the watch. Either from the heart rate monitor, and or the cordless charging bit. 

I had the horrendous pain for so long, so I started waring over the cuff of my long sleeve work shirt. That has helped, and I can now ware when not waring my long sleeve shirts. But they will.be a slight back by end of day.

I decided to try and put up it and work out how combat it, was even thinking a bandana under it, just because of the price of it I wasn't going to give up... as I'm not sure we can get money back🤷‍♀️

Hope any of it helps.

0 Likes
Bsktball
First Poster
Options

I have been having left wrist pain as well, tingly fingers and wrist pain, so painful. 

0 Likes
Wuzzybear
Pathfinder
Options
I ve had my galaxy watch a few months but last 2 days my hand had gone really numb,i wonder if its my watch?
cooldillu
First Poster
Options

As people have mentioned this is casued by one of the sensors in the watch. It can be HR or the wirless charging. I have tried fitbit Versa and now Galaxy watch 2 and had issues with both. If you dont care about heart rate sensor then you can do what I did which is to cover the bottom of the with paper and tape. I added multiple layers of tape to make sure it blocks off everything. So far I have not had any pain since then. Watch still tracks my steps and can charge without any issues. it just does not track heart rate, which I am willing to give up. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
LIB1
First Poster
Options

I just googled as I thought I was going mad and found your post! I have tried several times now to wear it and it's unbearable the shooting pain in my fingers. I have the Samsung Galaxy Rose watch as well. I will be taking mine back this week!! 

0 Likes
EvieD
Apprentice
Options

I have the watch over a year I tried to return but I couldn't as it was me and my reaction to the device. Nothing wrong with the watch itself. It has been a poor experience though with the watch due to the pain & discomfort it causes me. I find the higher up the arm I wear it the less painful it is. Also I wear it on the last notch so quite loosely which helps pain wise but has resulted in the watch falling off a few times. I can't wear it every day & if I wear it for more than a few hours I have to power it off due to the pain. Overall  very disappointing.

0 Likes
cooldillu
First Poster
Options

@EvieD wrote:

I have the watch over a year I tried to return but I couldn't as it was me and my reaction to the device. Nothing wrong with the watch itself. It has been a poor experience though with the watch due to the pain & discomfort it causes me. I find the higher up the arm I wear it the less painful it is. Also I wear it on the last notch so quite loosely which helps pain wise but has resulted in the watch falling off a few times. I can't wear it every day & if I wear it for more than a few hours I have to power it off due to the pain. Overall  very disappointing.

I have a similar issue with all the smart watches. I posted a solution in my earlier post if you do not care about HR sensor. Check it out.

0 Likes
Dragon82
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone,

I am experiencing the same problem shoot pain in my wrist using my active 2.

Could this please be looked at.

0 Likes
MGreem73
First Poster
Options

Yes I brought my Samsung s10 Rose gold watch November 2019 and I just started having wrist pains for about a month, not know where it came from. I stopped wearing my watch bc of the pain and it stopped so today I decided to put it back on. Soon after I felt tingling in my wrist so I ask my co teacher I feel it's my watch which caused her to look it up and here we are. What is causing this? I see I'm not the only person.

I couldn't sign in the community with my current password I signed in with, didn't understand so in order to write this review I just used my old email.

0 Likes