Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm) Issues

(Topic created on: 20-12-2018 11:17 AM)
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Watch three days ago and I'm starting to regret my purchase. I love the design, rotating bezel (is that what they call it?) and overall performance of the device. Here come the but...

Lack of apps, seriously the app selection for this device is poor, very poor.

I have no messages app? After searching on Google, I have found out that Samsung remove it from users whom do not own a Sasmusng phone? Sure I get notifications and I can reply to them but I cannot send a text message unless using the contacts app. I have got around this restriction by installing a watch face that includes the messages shortcut but I shouldn't have to! Same for email, no email app. 😞

Another big issue for me is "Deep Sleep" reporting. My Galaxy watch never records anything for deep sleep. Again, a search on Google results in many reports of the same problem. Samsungs only real response is to reset the watch and or clean the sensor? Reports indicater that this doesn't resolve the problem.

Not sure if I should wait for a possible fix via firmware/software update or return my 46mm for a refund while I can. 😕

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TracyR
Options

Hey @WelshPaul

What phone do you have connected to your Watch?

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi,

I have a Huawei P20 Pro that I purchased SIM free from the Carphone Warehouse.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes