Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy Buds do not read full content of a whatsapp message

Apprentice

I've set up my Samsung Galaxy Buds to read out my Whatsapp's notifications. Inside the Galaxy Wearable app, I've set Whatsapp notifications to full. Although, it only reads out the Whatsapp group's name and the sender's name.  How can I set it up, so that it reads out the full content of the Whatsapp message, as it does with my Message app?

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL Moderator
@Toorgmot: Hi there. If Whatsapp is the only affected app then this might be a limitation of the app itself rather than the phone/buds. Have you reached out to the developers to see if they're able to clarify this?
Apprentice

I've reached out to Whatsapp. They responded with: 

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

WhatsApp provides limited support for Bluetooth devices. You should be able to receive WhatsApp notifications and voice calls. Any issues you have are likely caused by the OS and not WhatsApp itself. Please contact your device manufacturer for additional assistance.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!

Jad

WhatsApp Support Team

It looks like they do not really understand my question. I am replying to this mail in order to get a more eleborate answer.

Apprentice

The app 'Notification Reader' does read the full message, although this app does not dampen music that is on as the Galaxy Wearable app does. The problem, therefore has to be in the Galaxy Wearable app. I would like an update. 

Top Liked Authors