Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Buds do not read full content of a whatsapp message

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 07:15 PM)
Toorgmot
Journeyman
Options

I've set up my Samsung Galaxy Buds to read out my Whatsapp's notifications. Inside the Galaxy Wearable app, I've set Whatsapp notifications to full. Although, it only reads out the Whatsapp group's name and the sender's name.  How can I set it up, so that it reads out the full content of the Whatsapp message, as it does with my Message app?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
@Toorgmot: Hi there. If Whatsapp is the only affected app then this might be a limitation of the app itself rather than the phone/buds. Have you reached out to the developers to see if they're able to clarify this?
0 Likes
Toorgmot
Journeyman
Options

I've reached out to Whatsapp. They responded with: 

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

WhatsApp provides limited support for Bluetooth devices. You should be able to receive WhatsApp notifications and voice calls. Any issues you have are likely caused by the OS and not WhatsApp itself. Please contact your device manufacturer for additional assistance.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!

Jad

WhatsApp Support Team

It looks like they do not really understand my question. I am replying to this mail in order to get a more eleborate answer.

0 Likes
Toorgmot
Journeyman
Options

The app 'Notification Reader' does read the full message, although this app does not dampen music that is on as the Galaxy Wearable app does. The problem, therefore has to be in the Galaxy Wearable app. I would like an update. 

0 Likes
salemfox
First Poster
Options

'Free Notifications Reader from any App' from the Google Play Store (icon is that of a parrot) allows audio dipping for WhatsApp and any app. I've not disabled notifications from the buds and just set this app to read selected notifications (& only when over bluetooth). It's perfect

0 Likes
Toorgmot
Journeyman
Options

I can not see an app with a parrot icon. Is it for the Samsung S8? Also for Europe, the Netherlands?

0 Likes
salemfox
First Poster
Options

Ah sorry, it's a parrot icon on your phone in the app drawer but it's a different icon in the Play Store for some reason.

It's this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pelix.notify&hl=en_GB

0 Likes
Toorgmot
Journeyman
Options

It says 'This app is incompatible with your device' sadly. I'm using a Galaxy S8. 

0 Likes
Misko88
First Poster
Options

When you set up all notificatins  in galaxy weareble,  you need to install TTS from Galaxy store and it will be working  and mobile will read all your messages for you (at least for those apps you choose).

0 Likes
Toorgmot
Journeyman
Options

Since the last update the buds read out the first Whatsapp message you get as expected (with the full content etc.). Though, when more arrive it reads out 'Whatsapp Whatsapp 3 messages in 2 chats', which is obviously not  prefered.

0 Likes