Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Default Messaging App Warning

(Topic created on: 25-03-2020 04:23 AM)
Jw3207
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung  Active 2 watch. I want to not have Samsung messages as my default. I use Google messages as my default on my phone. Very annoying that when I go into the messages app on my watch it keeps trying to ask me if I want Samsung messages as my default. There needs to be a way to not have this pop up without changing my face of my watch to work around it. Why can't Samsung just do an update to remove the default app setting or let the user decide on which app to sync it to.

8 REPLIES 8
WRC0P3123
First Poster
Options

I am also experiencing this with the Textra messaging app. Same annoying watch popup when a notification hits. Hopefully, Samsung will fix this sooner rather than later. 

TXFishin
First Poster
Options
Same here, bought the watch and now returning it!
One of the biggest features of having a smart watch is text messaging.
Even if you ignore, or click on cancel when it asks you to make samsung messages the default app, you are limited, unless you respond to a message on your watch, when you go back to look at it, it won't be on the watch.

So basically, even ignoring the notice to set as default messenger app, the texting is limited.

Until this is fixed, I would recommend that no one gets the watch unless they do not care about text messages.

I even tried the default Samsung Messenger, it is so limited it is almost useless, compared to Textra and others, the built it messenger is only about 10% useful, and buggy where if you want deliver confirmation of your text/sms then you get double notifications.
gabriel84
First Poster
Options

i'm having the same trouble as you guys.  it's terribly frustrating.  i'm going to return my watch cause one of the main reasons i got it was to text.  i hope that samsung pays attention to this and maybe fixes it

Akaijones
First Poster
Options

I received the watch for my birthday about 5 days ago.  I am extremely frustrated in that I can't use Google Messages on it.  With the Samsung messnger, I only see what I wrote and not any replies.  I need Google Messages because I can also use it on my computer.  It works fine on my Samsung phone and Samsung Pad so why doesn't it work on their watch?? I've looked all over on the Internet to see if there is a solutions.  I saw one where he said you can download "App Launcher" (for the Samsung Watch) off of Google Playstore.  When in it, you go to "Applications."  In there he said that you can go to Google Messages as one of the choices.  Unfortunately, "Google Messages" didn't show as one of the options.  So, not sure if what was said was correct or not.  But, it is frustrating.!!!!! I also have a seperate problem in that I only see one out of 10 emails come accross.  So, why aren't all of them being shown?   If I don't find a solution to these two problems, I will probably return the watch for without messaging and getting all my emails, what good is it.  Any suggestions out there????  Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Agreed, I use Textra like WRCOP3123 but it is very disappointing there is not even an option to stop asking again about default messaging app on the watch.  I wonder if it is a cross compatibility cross check line between the phone and the watch.

It feels like there is no other option/messages is being forced upon the user.  I'm also surprised that no official Samsung representative has yet to respond - I hope they do to at least address customer concerns.

0 Likes
Dotly
First Poster
Options

It would be great to have a fix to this

frozenchrysalis
First Poster
Options

Same, I just upgraded(?) to a galaxy 3 watch from a fossil sport, and was really disappointed that there isn't even the option to download google apps from their limited app store.  So now I'm forced to use their messaging app just to get the popups to stop. Samsung should know better than to try to strong arm people into using their apps. There's a lot of things I really miss about my less expensive old watch. I wish I'd kept it when I got this one. 

0 Likes
shirl13
First Poster
Options
within last hour keep getting warning to make samsung my default messaging app on my phone. I always use go sms pro. Anyone know what's going on
0 Likes