Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote connection Galaxy Watch

(Topic created on: 08-01-2019 09:39 PM)
Coastal
First Poster
Options

Recently purchased Galaxy 46mm watch and expected, and was assured, remote connection to phone over WiFi would be possible as on the previous version of the phone - recieve and make calls on watch with phone at home remotely. Seems Samsung has removed this functionality without telling the retailers!! Is there any way round this?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Bailey09
First Poster
Options

Hi

i have the galaxy 42mm rose gold watch. It connects via Bluetooth ok but when I turn off Bluetooth the watch connects to my Wi-fi but the wearable app on my s9 says I am still disconnected. Have factory reset both watch & phone but still have this problem. I bought another watch like this one and still have the same problem. I don’t want to stay connected by Bluetooth only as battery only lasts a day this way. If I remove device from bt router it remotely connects until I turn Bluetooth on. When I turn Bluetooth off problem reoccurs. Also I turn watch off and phone at night to preserve battery and this causes the same problem when I turn them back on.  Can anyone help me please had this as a Xmas present and really disappointed. Many thanks

0 Likes
Bailey09
First Poster
Options

Hi 

someone posted about Bluetooth being remote connection. My problem is that when I turn Bluetooth off, the watch connects to my Wi-fi network at home but doesn’t tell my s9 phone so they don’t talk to each other so watch becomes standalone and is just a watch. Can’t receive emails or texts etc. I don’t know why this is happening, have replaced watch already to have same problem on replacement. Can anybody help please

0 Likes