Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote connect problems gear 3 frontier

(Topic created on: 12-12-2018 07:41 PM)
Pcr1982
First Poster
Options

In work and at home i don't tend to keep my phone on my person so used to use remote connect over WiFi a lot to receive emails and notifications etc.

Recently my phone says it is connected to wifi but I get the 'watch' symbol at the top of the gear 3 frontier. And I do not receive any notifications at all.

I have reset watch and phone with no success. This feature Was a big selling point for me and for it not to work is frustrating as when I am in work or at home I may as well not be wearing a smart watch.

Any suggestions greatly welcomed

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pcr1982
First Poster
Options

Bumping this. Surely someone has some info that can help

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Pcr1982
First Poster
Options

Sorry thought imposter in original post.

S9.

It used to work well..No like unsaid connects to wifi but gets the watch symbol and get no notifications

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks @Pcr1982. Are these for all notifications or just with specific apps (if so, are your apps all up to date? 

0 Likes
Pcr1982
First Poster
Options

This is for all notifications. I make sure I have automatic updates on for all apps

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Okay. You mentioned you reset both your phone and watch; was this a Soft Reset or Factory Reset? 

0 Likes
Pcr1982
First Poster
Options

Factory for watch and soft for phone. Don't really want to do a full reset on my phone 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

It might be required, @Pcr1982. If it doesn't work after a Factory Reset, an engineer is the next best option to inspect your phone. We have a program called Smart Switch which backs up all the data on your phone. This link will provide you with more details. 

0 Likes
Pcr1982
First Poster
Options

Ok. Will give it a try. Smart switch only transfers data doesn't it? Will it back up messages, notes, pictures etc?

0 Likes