Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramdom vibrate notifications - galaxy watch

(Topic created on: 23-05-2020 07:37 PM)
whyneedaname
Apprentice
Options

I'm tired of my galaxy watch vibrating as though there is a notification, with no notifications recorded on the watch.

If my watch vibrates, there should be a notification - if I've walked away from my paired phone, and this is what it's trying to tell me, THERE SHOULD BE A NOTIFICATION available to review on the watch - AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TURN OFF THAT CATEGORY of notification. Excess, meaninless vibrations devalue the usefulness of the vibtate feature.

31 REPLIES 31
Watch3
Student
Options

"Bluetooth Disconnection Alerts". Go into Settings - Connections - Alerts. Turn this feature off.  Helped some users.

0 Likes
Vicclucj
Student
Options

Thank you for the response but the key word in there is "some". I've turned off those notifications and my still buzzes non-stop. I changed from Apple products to Samsung and I'm very disappointed in the watch! 

0 Likes
Cadett
First Poster
Options
But then, when you head out for work, and forgot your phone, the watch doesn't remind you.
Mine vibrates regularly, with the phone just inches from the watch.
This is my second Samsung Watch model. It's better than the first one, but still... SO MANY BUGS.
0 Likes
CiCoaxum
First Poster
Options

I just bought this watch yesterday and I'm just glad it's not me missing something. AGREED to this entire post, and honestly a little disappointed. 

0 Likes
FalconFour
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same sentiment as OP. The alerts are not what I want to disable. It's good to know when it disconnects. What's irritating is the lack of CONTEXT of why the vibrate occurs. It shouldn't be an "unlockable wow mystery solved!" that disabling BT connection alerts stops the random vibrating. The vibrates should absolutely always accompany the watch face lighting up and saying "hey, here's what I'm vibrating to tell you!".

Having it vibrate without anything happening on the screen is like someone tapping you on the shoulder and disappearing.

Salandal
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem,I've tried the above with no luck. I'm a carer so rely on my watch alot for various reasons so throwing my watch through a window isn't a option. I've turned vibrate off for now so solve the problem temporarily until a fix is found! 

0 Likes
holdmebeer
First Poster
Options

samsung it's been a year now.  fix this please

Chris210
Student
Options

Same issue. 
I am surprised. What is Samsung doing?
The feature is more a nuisance now. 

0 Likes
Members_Cgu0dJE
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, so annoying and buggy. Do they test their products? 

So bad this

0 Likes
leocasarsa
First Poster
Options

I just got my galaxy watch today and seriously considering returning it due to the random vibrations. Very disappointed.

0 Likes