Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New update - lost ability to set swim lap length

(Topic created on: 22-05-2019 10:18 PM)
TriniteUK
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

Since updating my galaxy watch software, I cannot change the lap length or any settings in my Samsung Health exercise widget. You click on an exercise and it immediately counts down and starts. No ability to modify screens, or change lap length. 

Any suggestions or help available? 

Thanks

Stuart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TriniteUK
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

If you go into the app on the watch, rather than using the exercise screen. You can then go to workout, select swimming and you have the "settings" options where you can change the pool length.

Hope this helps, I had typed a step by step detailed response but lost it as I was not logged in. Let me know if you need more details

Thanks

Stuart

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19
EmJayKay
Explorer
Options
Did you figure out how to change/customise settings yet? I just updated to One UI and can't figure out a way to change pool length anywhere 😕
Solution
TriniteUK
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

If you go into the app on the watch, rather than using the exercise screen. You can then go to workout, select swimming and you have the "settings" options where you can change the pool length.

Hope this helps, I had typed a step by step detailed response but lost it as I was not logged in. Let me know if you need more details

Thanks

Stuart

EmJayKay
Explorer
Options
Hi, thanks for responding.
I've tried going to the app on my phone, and went to exercise, swim, then settings, but I don't seem to have any option to change pool length for some reason (or I've missed something or am looking in the wrong place, though I've looked through every section I can think of too, and still no option to change pool length 😕)
EmJayKay
Explorer
Options
Hi again!

This whole time I've been tapping on the 3 dots (top right) to bring up settings menu, but just now tapped on the actual text "enter data" to the left of the dots, and there it is! Can now change pool length etc, hooray!
Thanks again for response 🙂
EmJayKay
Explorer
Options
And hello again!!!

So it seems I just found the manual data entry rather than option to change pool length prior to workout for data tracking 😕

So I'm still not sure how to do so, but will keep trying 😊
0 Likes
TriniteUK
Apprentice
Options

Hi - Sorry I was so frustrated about loosing the text the first time I made a mistake....

On your watch (not the phone) go into the app (the green logo rather than using the exercise screen plugin) where it shows the heart and you can scroll down through steps etc. Scroll down to "Record your workout", select that, select "workout", then find/select swimming and you have the "settings" cog options where you can change the pool length.

Sorry for the original error

Stuart

EmJayKay
Explorer
Options
Brilliant, thanks!
0 Likes
efilby
Apprentice
Options

This doesn't work...have pool length set at 20m but after 30 minutes of swimming the watch records 1 length only...what's up Samsung....this is very disappointing for your top of the line watch.

0 Likes
MichalisKa
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I don’t see any options to set pool length. Is that still available in then latter software version?

Many thanks,

Michalisn

0 Likes