Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung 42mm Watch not doing what it should

(Topic created on: 11-09-2018 02:35 PM)
Lynnied1977
First Poster
Options

I'm really dissapointed at the moment, was really looking forward to receiving my new watch but after only 1 day it doesn't seem to be doing what it should.  The wake up gesture when moving the arm does not work (its switched on I've checked) The display always on is not working the screen goes to sleep after a second.  It is not vibrating and notifying me of a text or call just a orange dot appears to the left of the watch face when I press a button to wake it up or turn the bezal.  I'm pretty certain the steps counter is not right.  I've switched the watch off and on, checked the settings on both the watch and the phone everything that should be on is but it's not doing it.  Whether I have a dodgy batch I don't know, at present it will be going back to Argos for exchange and hope the next one works.  otherwise I will want a refund.

2 REPLIES 2
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options
  1. The wakeup gesture can be a little inconsistent however I did find that one thing that seemed to help fix it was to turn on "Do not disturb" then turn it back off again (note that while do not disturb is on, the gesture won't work iirc). Also make sure you don't have anything else that would block gestures on, such as theater mode or goodnight mode.
  2. Display always on won't keep your watch face on at full brightness. Depending on the watch face you have on it will behave differently (some have a special Always On mode that looks different). I'm currently using "Analogue Utility" and this just dims the watch face. I guess it's possible certain watch faces that don't support AOD just turn the screen off anyway - unsure. Again, AOD won't work if you have theater or goodnight mode on.
  3. The orange dot should appear when a notification comes in however it should be possible to scroll to the left (by turning the bezel anti-clockwise or swiping the screen to the right while the display is on). A phone call should appear right on the watch face when it's happening. I assume the watch thinks it's connected to your phone (scroll down from the top of the screen and check the bluetooth icon is on).

A few questions...

• I assume that you have the "Galaxy Wearable" app on your phone and the notifications option is "On" along with all the apps you want notifications for in "Manage Notifications"?
  • What phone are you using?
  • Are there any icons at the top of your watch screen when it's just showing the clock?

It does sound like your watch is defective though, I've never had any of those problems you have other than the occasionally fiddly gesture wake up. 

0 Likes
Arush215
First Poster
Options

I was experiencing the same issues with no notifications appearing on my watch. However your troubleshooting of the possible causes were spot on. I had the sleep notification on. Now my watch face stays on and I believe this will be the trick to receiving notifications. Thank you for your help!

0 Likes