Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Galaxy Watch & spotify / heart rate monitoring

(Topic created on: 06-10-2018 02:53 PM)
retrobod
First Poster
Options

Hi,

First post so not even sure it is in the right area!

So got my new Galaxy Watch on Friday.

Love it!

But..........

1) Heart rate monitor stopped working on Saturday (turned the watch off and on again and now ok)

2) Spotify issues (premium member)

- App is flaky seems to thinks its offline when not

- Eventually deleted off the watch and re-installed

- App now starts playing music randomly on my watch - bit embarrasing in the middle of a meeting!!

- Closed the app so will re-try again later

Any others suffering?

Still love it though.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
retrobod
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your input. I have written a Mr Angry email to Samsung support. Can't beleive they have put so much advertising into the Spotify supported functionality with the new watch and they know it doesnt work properly! I'd be interested in any feedback you get. I suppose I have alot of digital music I can upload to the watch for excersize but I do like the fact that I can swap and change music on Spotify!

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

I would take it easy on Samsung for the moment. After some research, it is looking more like a common Spotify issue. I will update you later. May come to nothing.

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

I spoke with Spotify by message for 3 hours yesterday. They were really helpful.

We uninstalled/reinstalled etc. They deleted cache from their side. They provided me with a test account. 

Nothing worked, unfortunately. 

We established it happens with wifi or Bluetooth on or off. With saved track or streaming. With the mobile phone on or off. It can be triggered by a phone call being ended or even trying to set are reminder via the reminder widget.

I will go back to Samsung today about this. But if you Google "Spotify opens and starts playing after I hang up a call" - you will see this is a common issue on other devices and most results seem to be in Samsung and Android subforums.

0 Likes
retrobod
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the input and time spent on this. Its good to know I dont have a faulty watch. Having done quite a bit of research this does not seem to be an isolated issue and historically seems to have been much worse with Spotify starting on phones after calls or setting up reminders. So this is the main source of my frustration in that it certainly was an issue on the Gear S2 and Gear S3 (looks unresolved) and yet they have pressed ahead and even using this as a USP to attract new customers (like me) and its unworkable. I have had to temporarily delete the Spotify App from my watch. I do hope there is a resolution, soon. Its not quite a big enough issue for me to return the watch but has left me slightly disappointed.

0 Likes
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

The problem for me is that it was a watched billed as does a little bit of everything. Slowly feeling it doesn't quite do anything it says it does in the way it should.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@retrobod Do you by chance have the email address of support? Live Chat tell me there isnt one but they can pass my queries on, Id rather tell them myself.

0 Likes
Steve-N
First Poster
Options

I pre-ordered the new Galaxy Watch and when it arrived was very pleased with it overall.

However since using for two weeks, I have also had issues where the heart rate monitor and stress level stops and refuses to record. The only way I have found to rectify is to reset (after backing up on my phone) it then seems to fix the issue.

This is annoying for a brand new flagship Samsung product, is it a fault, do Samsung know, is there a update pending ?

However still love the watch overall !!

0 Likes
JCau
First Poster
Options

Any updates in this issue? 

Quite frustrating to be honest! 

0 Likes
Maxph
First Poster
Options

@retrobod wrote:

Update after a we chat with technical help I have done a full reset. Reloaded spitify and......... still the same problem. May have to consider a return in cases there is an issue with my watch 😞

I just bought mine today and experienced the same issue. Spotify will start kicking. The only way I've found for not to get this awkward situation is to turn off media volume completely or uninstall spotify app.  Personnaly I've bought this watche mostly to get rid of my phone and be able to listen to music without it.. Because of that main reason,I will return it tomorrow.   I did try every possible troubleshooting step and it seems there is no fix for now. Even on sporify forum, this issue have been going on for the past year.  

0 Likes
pagabv
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem, after a call, the watch just starts playing music; It's very annoying. 

0 Likes