Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal and Samsung Health not connecting any longer (steps)

(Topic created on: 30-08-2019 04:03 PM)
twizlan
Apprentice
Options

Hello, anyone having this issue?

As of today I noticed that my steps from my Galaxy Watch Active, recording in Samsung Health, were not being synced to MyFitnessPal.

In the settings for Samsung Health, it no longer offers me the options for allowing read/write access for each data item, it just has 1 toggle "all permissions". 

In the Apps Connected area of MyFitnessPal, it now just says "connect" under Samsung Health, I click on it, it opens a little menu with 1 item of data "all permissions". 

It seems as though the actual permissions have been broken with the last update.

I have tried the following:

- Clear cache on both, then restarted.

- Reinstall both apps fresh.

I am now at the end of the road, I think it could be the latest update causing issue, which was 2 days ago (For Samsung Health).

Reading the reviews on the Galaxy App Store it looks like multiple other people are having this issue since the last update.

Just trying to raise visibility.

T

Edit: A workaround has been identified that seems to be working! Credit to the below. 

@Gisbourne wrote:
Hi all,

Find this workaround while browsing the MyFitnessPal forums which seems to be working...

megapsyk
Aug 30, 2019 01:20PM PDT

I found this comment on a Google Play app called 'Health Sync:

Samsung Health missing permissionsSamsung withdrew accidentally all permissions for Health Sync on August 30, 2019. We are in contact with Samsung to fix this. Temporarily you can use the special developers mode in Samsung Health as workaround. This doesn't do any harm. Open Samsung Health, go to the Settings menu, choose 'About Samsung Health' and tap the version number ten times in a row.'

I tried this and I can sync now. Either they fixed the issue or the developers mode worked.

Good luck 😊

53 REPLIES 53
Gisbourne
Student
Options

Yes, I'm getting this too and have cleared and restored the data on both apps. I've tried to connect MFP to Samsung Health several times, but it never appears in the connected apps.

I absolutely depend on both for my fitness regime, so really hope this gets sorted fast!

Davinasusan
Apprentice
Options

The exact same thing has happened to me since updating my watch. Am gutted and wish I hadn't installed the update now !!

Sisarqua
First Poster
Options

Same. 😞 

Brenton
First Poster
Options

Same problem

ramin_zhe
Student
Options

Have the same problem.
I have just downloaded MyFitnessPal after 2 years on my Galaxy s10 and cannot connect it with Samsung health.

Nothing happens when I proceed:
MyFitnessPal>apps & Devices>Samsung Health>Connect>Done (with all permissions on)

I cannot imagine that I will need to add food data on both apps separately!!!!!\

Please fix it

koopa79
First Poster
Options
I have also just had this issue, and I've checked and i can't see either myfitness pal or samsung health have updated that recently

I also use an app - Fit & Healthy to connect to samsung health, and that's also just stopped connecting as well ...
0 Likes
Gisbourne
Student
Options

Hi all,

Find this workaround while browsing the MyFitnessPal forums which seems to be working...

megapsyk

Samsung Health missing permissionsSamsung withdrew accidentally all permissions for Health Sync on August 30, 2019. We are in contact with Samsung to fix this. Temporarily you can use the special developers mode in Samsung Health as workaround. This doesn't do any harm. Open Samsung Health, go to the Settings menu, choose 'About Samsung Health' and tap the version number ten times in a row.'

I tried this and I can sync now. Either they fixed the issue or the developers mode worked.

Good luck 😊
ramin_zhe
Student
Options

@Gisbourne wrote:

Hi all,

megapsyk

Good luck 😊

Thanks alot, worked for me too 😘😘

Davinasusan
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for this, will give it try.