Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malfunctioning screen

(Topic created on: 18-03-2019 09:13 PM)
Crisboson
Apprentice
Options

I've been wearing my new 42mm Galaxy watch for nearly a month now. 

Last Friday I went to sleep wearing it as usual for sleep tracking and on the following morning it wouldn't turn on. 

'Ok, probably out of battery" I thought than left it on charger until the LED lit green. 

Than tried to turn it on again and had a crazy screen malfunctioning, top part of image appears sometimes, noise appears sometimes, and the watch is now just useless because of this screen malfunctioning. I've tried to reset the device, but it seems just impossible without the screen working properly. Any ideas??

I was happy with this device so far and it's my first Samsung appliance ever. But I've been reading so much about their poor customer service for the past day while trying to figure out a solution for this problem that I feel regret already for having bought it 😞

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre would be able to help or go to the outlet that supplied the watch @Crisboson 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Crisboson
Apprentice
Options

ent 

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre would be able to help or go to the outlet that supplied the watch @Crisboson 

Went to the Samsumg Experience Store and they said there was nothing they could do (not even reboot it since the screen wasn't working). Went to technical assistance and they said that since I bought it abroad, they could not fix it (I wasn't even asking it to be under warranty, I knew I had to pay for them to fix...) 
Now I have this useless $300-price-tiered piece of scrap that bells alarms in the morning but I can't dismiss or snooze it.  The only thing left for me to do now is make a nice youtube review of this watch that ends with either smashing it or burning it, unfortunatelly

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Crisboson 

Unfortunately if the watch was bought in another country to be used elsewhere and the Manufacturer Warranty isn't valid due to that when they wont even effect a repair even if you pay.

This is sometimes because different parts etc are used elsewhere - so I've read.

This is one downfall to grey imports  😞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes