Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Jumping rope workout on phone but not on watch

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 09:17 PM)
Kaol
Apprentice
Options

Hello, the jumping rope workout is available on the s health app on the phone but not available in the list of workouts on the samsung galaxy watch active. Can this be added on the watch so that we can be able to start the workout directly on the watch and therefore track heart rate data.

108 REPLIES 108
Arthur999
Journeyman
Options

Yeah seriously, makes no sense to not have it in the watch... 

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Kaol, thanks for the feedback! I will make sure to pass this on to the developers team and should we have any news about this, it will be posted on any of the Samsung social news pages :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:.

Eycre8rukus
Student
Options
Any news?
Arthur999
Journeyman
Options
Nope just one of those things that will never make any sense... It's ridiculous the exercises they do have and unbelievable they don't have jump rope... Ahhhhh
bade18
Journeyman
Options

Hi..any news? 

WickedSmatt
Apprentice
Options

I have this same issue as well as others that may be related. The workout order won't update the on the watch when edited from the phone when edites. When trying to open the watch app from the Galaxy Wearable app, the text "check your watch" appears, but nothing happens on the watch.  This functionality works with other apps,  however. It seems as though a new version of the phone app got created,  yet not the watch app making the two incompatible. Anyone else having these issues?

Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all,

The developers have got back to us to say that they have no current plans to add the jumping rope workout to Samsung Health on the watch. 😞 Their reasoning appears to be to keep the watch as simple to use as possible, with only the basic and most popular workouts on it.

bade18
Journeyman
Options
this is very bad..... i can not see how adding another workout couldturn the watch to be not easy for use....i do not like this.....................................
Eycre8rukus
Student
Options

That doesnt make any sense at all. Jumping rope is one of the most popular and effective workouts to do. Basis for Crossfitters, all types of fighters, calistenics, general conditioning. Seriously.. could take leg raises out because you have leg extentions. Or stretching because yoga. Really any of the low heartrate exercises.