Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with samsung health

(Topic created on: 05-06-2019 03:45 PM)
Boris98
First Poster
Options

I have the Galaxy Watch 42mm and ever since todays update my watch disappeared from samsung health and it only counts my phones steps or combined.

This is a huge issue for me cause the step and distance counts are extremely innacurate. Please fix ASAP!

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
JackTurner
First Poster
Options

I have this issue too. Since the update I can only see steps from previous watch  (Gear S2) in S Health even though Galaxy Watch is connected to phone & syncing correctly. Choice of step data is showing as Phone, Gear S2 or both but not Galaxy Watch. Previously been working correctly all year.

0 Likes
Joball
First Poster
Options

Seems like alot of us have this issue,I have paused the step count on Samsung health as I was getting double steps , I'm pretty angry as now I can not see on my phone what steps my watch says and then it wont sync with myfitnesspal and give me calories burnt,hope Samsung sort this asap  

0 Likes
nasamorpheus
Apprentice
Options

I have new band galaxy fit and steps are way off, it count way to many steps. Even when I sleep I do over 250 steps and when I woke up today I did max 400 steps, band shows 1000 steps..lol .. my second Samsung product after galaxy phone and really disappointed with it.

AntS
Options

Hi all.

We asked our developers about the steps for the Galaxy Watch not appearing in Samsung Health since the update.

They've replied to us, and confirmed that since the update, step count is now combined across devices that support the 'All steps' view, in order to give a more convenient, seamless/continuous experience (rather than users needing to manually combine steps across current or newer devices they may get.)

Devices that are unable to support 'All steps' (e.g. Gear S2, Gear Fit, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Fit e) display a device name and change a view type.

0 Likes
Sishort
Apprentice
Options

Your developers must have totally misunderstood the problem. 

If I wear my gear s3 and have my phone in my pocket, every step I take counts twice. 

I don't want to combine my steps, I need them to either dedupe steps / activity or let me only choose one source. 

0 Likes
Sishort
Apprentice
Options
As another example, if I wear my Gear S3 and track an hour of cycling with my phone in my backpack, at the end if the journey apparently I've done 5,000 steps at the same time as doing a cycling workout.

It's completely broken now.
0 Likes
Deks
Student
Options
Good evening, I can concur with the other users on this stream. I have only recently noticed this issue. Why would you want to possibly double up all steps. Galaxy watch is not just a put it on for the gym when the phone is in the locker it is a lifestyle watch (or so I thought) so will be worn all the time when carrying phone or not. I purchase samsung to work with samsung and have done for many years as you would expect seamless synchronisation. It would appear there has been an omission from.the app and can not understand why 4 months later after being highlighted this is still an issue. There must be plenty more people that are currently unaware of this issue please can you supply an update and when this is planned to be resolved? I have always been an advocate of samsung but things like this do really grate. (And mainly due to timescales to resolve, I can understand issues but not delays in updates to resolve issues).
0 Likes
Sishort
Apprentice
Options

I fixed this. 

I ditched my Galaxy S8 and got a Huawei Mate 20.

As I intended to keep my Gear S3, I installed Samsung Health on the Huawei. 

Now it records activity accurately across both devices. 

Shouldn't have come to that though Samsung. 

esentis
First Poster
Options

I'm facing exactly the same problem.  On my recent exercises I have my step count combined with my s3(auto) and phone. 

0 Likes