Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map a run

(Topic created on: 14-10-2019 06:54 PM)
Leanne175uk
Student
Options

Hi, I have the Samsung active2. I have used it when recording a walk but it doesn't save a map of the route. I have the location on. The I can't find any information about how to do it. What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks for the help

Leanne

4 REPLIES 4
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

For share route or save as other people do with it, I think you will need an extra tracker app as Runtastic, Endomondo, Runkeeper, Strava, etc... you can download from Google :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

From S-Health you will have a very complete info about your healht but only for you at the moment. 

0 Likes
Leanne175uk
Student
Options

Hi thanks for reply.

It's not saving the route so there is route to save. It's recording other health data but not where I have been. I have location turned on for runs/walks. How do I get the watch to record the route data.

Thanks Leanne

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

Info is store internaly but for get data and show as a map you will need one of thoses program to save as route in an historical as I tell you yesterday :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I have not that info in mine too, I do not know if in the future an upgrade could arrive as requesting from customer for add to the main program as new option :four-leaf-clover:

You can have a map with your position but not the route, I am thinking :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Other people also can tell you with more experience that me with this device, I do not use as sport watch only for time and I have other model too.

0 Likes
gmincca
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have older Active, not Active 2. My watch will record gps data during a manual activity and show a map in Health app. However the same doesn't so far seem to be true for automatically detected activities. I'm going through a range of activities in the coming days so I will report back if it changes.

So to answer your question, your watch should record gps tracks, without having any additional apps, and display the route map in the Health app. So far it seems it's only for manually recorded activities, but it reads in the handbook as though it should be able to do it for auto detected activity too.

One tip I regularly sync the watch with my phone and always have gps active on the phone at the same time because I believe it helps the watch to keep its gps data up to date so giving a faster location lock.

Keep trying, it should work.

0 Likes