Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Pay on Samsung Watch?

(Topic created on: 30-04-2019 01:30 PM)
Lnrz
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've recently just got the Samsung Galaxy Active watch and I'm struggling with the payment features.

Most of the cards I have are not compatible with Samsung pay so I use Google pay on my S9 but there doesn't seem to be an option for Google pay on the galaxy app store. 

Is there a way to install/use Google pay for NFC on the Active? 

Many thanks,

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Samsung doesn't block Google pay, Google however prefers not to support the Galaxy Watch because they see the Galaxy Watch as their competition

I'm not aware of third party solutions, but considering googles position in this I'm pretty sure that there isn't a first party one ^^'
AndrewL
Options
@Lnrz: If you're unable to find Google Pay on the Galaxy App Store then I recommend checking out Samsung Pay. To find out if you have a compatible bank card please check the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-pay/
Rokie88
Student
Options

Did you even read the first post lol?

AntS
Options

@Rokie88 wrote:

Did you even read the first post lol?

:face-with-tears-of-joy:

*makes note that some of our Mods might need to take advantage of our work eyecare plan*

Eli15
Student
Options

I think you may have smoked to much of that special stuff before you replied to this thread. My grandmother could have digested the information in the original post / question and she's been dead for over 20 years.

Keep on smoking or what ever you're doing on that side. Peace out...

Eli15
Student
Options
With reference to this
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all. Just a note to  say that I've locked this thread before it spirals into a more serious (and pointless) "kick the Mod" one. Everyone makes mistakes, and being able to laugh at those mistakes is a good thing. But beyond that, on the Community we really should be aiming to help one another, build each other up, and adding to each other's knowledge and wisdom. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: