Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 24-10-2018 12:29 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
ProphetUK
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, that was the 1st thing I did, not to mention I also lost some of my watch faces in the process as the backup failed (but never told me) I only noticed on the restore. So just to advise what I have completed.

Full factory reset.

Full powerdown (1day) 

Full charge

Disabled always on

Disabled Reporting 

Minimal watch face

Brightness reduced to 3

No auto dectect (health)

No Wake-up gesture

Still only getting 24hrs at best

KristinSMotz
Apprentice
Options
Did you try disabling sleep tracking notifications from the Galaxy wearable app on your phone? That's the only thing I did.
0 Likes
JiffyP
First Poster
Options

I had this issue for a few nights in a row, seemingly out of nowhere.  No new apps or major shift in usage.  What fixed it for me was just not wearing it one night.  I left it on my nightstand (not charging), and when i woke up in the morning, it had only discharged about 2% and I haven't had any issues since.  I'm sure it was some weird coincidence, but thought I'd share my experience anyway.  I haven't had any SW updates recently, so unless Samsung silently pushed out a fix, I don't think it was something they did.

0 Likes
phk
Navigator
Options

Anyone managed to get a response from Samsung about when this will be fixed?

0 Likes
DawnK
Journeyman
Options

The only thing that I did was disable the 'Report diagnostics' on the watch.

This was the final test that I did after doing many resets, and app installation tests. I have since been able to keep my watch back to normal charge.

Not heard of a fix from Samsung though.

0 Likes
Nayr661
Apprentice
Options

I have the Gear S3 Frontier and am having the same issue!

Also, without installing any apps at all, zero pictures, zero songs; I randomly just ran out of memory. This was after doing a factory reset about 2 weeks ago too.

SAMSUNG, PLEASE FIX ASAP! My watch is essentially useless now!

Nayr661
Apprentice
Options

I don't think so. I just did a factory reset not too long ago and it fixed nothing. For me Samsung Health is the battery killer, notifications is second.

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

To anyone still having this battery drain at night issue,please try this very simple fix. 

To increase the battery life on the Gear after the update please follow the steps below ↓ •On the Gear tap on setting; •Tap on Gear info. •Tap Report diagnostic and usage info (Disable this feature) Test the watch for a few days to see how the battery works.

0 Likes
ned7077
Explorer
Options

This worked but raises question for me.

How did this break in the first place?  I manually check for firmware and watch app updates daily (Looking to get the HR issue fixed) and there haven't been any in a while.  There definitely hasn't been a firmware update, I reported getting ...ARG1 on the HR thread when that happened August 9th.

Can Samsung somehow change watch settings/update code via the diagnostics?

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

I can't answer that I'm afraid. I'm just an end user 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

The only thing I did just before it happened was update the weather app, so whether it was attached to that I don't know 

0 Likes