Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 04:17 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
Firestorm56
First Poster
Options

Im in the same situation my Gear sport has completly drained through the night for the last 3 days, I have tried a reset today but checking my gear its drained %65 in the last 5 hours? not happy at all 😞 

MikeWaves
Apprentice
Options

All - here is the response that i just received via US Customer Service via twitter:

To increase the battery life on the Gear after the update please follow the steps below ↓ •On the Gear tap on setting; •Tap on Gear info. •Tap Report diagnostic and usage info (Disable this feature) Test the watch for a few days to see how the battery works.

Jyothi
Apprentice
Options

I think I will try this buddy. Thank you!!

0 Likes
Jpablodib
Student
Options

Let's see how the night goes by... 

Thanks!

Gary101
Apprentice
Options

Just deactivated reporting as well and will feedback results tomorrow.

tredman1
Student
Options

A tech news site has noticed this thread and might publish something.  That might make samsung pay attention

Donna1800
Journeyman
Options

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

@Donna1800 wonderful 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 

@MikeWaves have tried this. We'll see. 

Thanks everyone for adding to this. 

I have sent an error report from my phone to Samsung support via Samsung members app on my phone, for what good it will do 

0 Likes
JeffLG
Student
Options
Thanks, Mike, I've disabled diagnostics, hoping this solves the issue until Samsung can push an update.
0 Likes
Darizpe98
First Poster
Options
Hope it works... thanks!
0 Likes