Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 02:19 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
Bellecp8
Apprentice
Options

Samsung seem to be suffering with software issues at the moment. I decided to upgrade to the Galaxy Watch, but it failed to track steps, floors or HR they wanted me to send a four day old watch off for repairs. In the end, they agreed to replace it, the replacement watch had the exact same issue so I sent it back for a refund. And now my faithful Gear Sport is having this issue despite working perfectly for the nearly a year I've had it.

With all the amount of "send it off to be looked at" they offer, their repair staff must be rushed off their feet, as it's the default line for any problem. 

Seriously making me consider garmin or fitbit, even though I do love the design of the Samsung watches.

0 Likes
HenryWibbler
First Poster
Options
Mine has been doing the same thing for about two days as well. Fully charged last night then was at 58% this morning. I fully charged it again and put it on at about 8:00 and by 12:00 the battery was almost flat again.
0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@Donna1800 - As I am sure you have found out, as a company Samsung support are totally out of touch with the real world, it appears they just dont care about any issues at all. I have also experienced this service, frustrating, ignorant and clueless.

They have no intentions of resolving anything Ive found, just offer a refund or replacement as its much easier than actually admitting there are issues with their products. When users refuse that they simply shut up shop and dont listen to you. Im starting to wonder if the only solution is for customers to actually walk away and go with Apple / Wear OS or Gamin, money it seems is all that Samsung listen too on these small profit devices.

Its a shame as the hardware seems decent, they should put their hands up and admit defeat then perhaps focus on Wear OS, just look at the disaster that is Bixby compared to Google Assistant, tells you everything you need to know really.

They just ignore it hoping it will go away while building their next products

Rant over :fisted-hand:

phk
Navigator
Options

@GaryBrett wrote:

@Donna1800 - As I am sure you have found out, as a company Samsung support are totally out of touch with the real world, it appears they just dont care about any issues at all. I have also experienced this service, frustrating, ignorant and clueless.

They have no intentions of resolving anything Ive found, just offer a refund or replacement as its much easier than actually admitting there are issues with their products. When users refuse that they simply shut up shop and dont listen to you. Im starting to wonder if the only solution is for customers to actually walk away and go with Apple / Wear OS or Gamin, money it seems is all that Samsung listen too on these small profit devices.

Its a shame as the hardware seems decent, they should put their hands up and admit defeat then perhaps focus on Wear OS, just look at the disaster that is Bixby compared to Google Assistant, tells you everything you need to know really.

They just ignore it hoping it will go away while building their next products

Rant over :fisted-hand:

I must say that I have found Samsung support to be defensive and difficult to deal with. They charge a premium price but provide old fashioned, bureaucratic, frustrating customer service.

Where's the 24 hour repair turnaround, the network of local Samsung repair centres; the helpful, honest, knowledgeable support?

This watch cost me over £300.00. Yet Samsung treat it like a cheap consumable.

ema00
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue... Unusual battery drain of 60% during sleeping hours (7), then it's normal during the day. 

Donna1800
Journeyman
Options
I do believe we should take this further. the fact that there are some many people suffering the same thing in the past 2 days and the fact Samsung wont do anything is beyond ridiculous. the call I was on just now I managed to get escalated to a manager. she admitted they are receiving a high number of calls today regarding this fault despite telling me it was the first she had heard of it. when I then said so you have lied to me she had nowhere to go and repeated the same text I have heard all morning about offering a refund or replacement once I have sent them the watch, leaving me without a watch for 5 days. I have had the Gear S2 since the day it was launched and not had a single problem. perhaps I'll have a refund and go back to using that instead
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Bluchalk
First Poster
Options

I have had my gear sport since the first week it came out. Loved it so far. 4 days ago the it started to have connection issues with the phone. Rebooted and ran all updates. That fixed the connection issue. Now as of 2 days ago I have the same issue as everyone else here. Dies over night but will last 14 hours on 30% during the day. They need to figure it out soon.

0 Likes
Imkool
Student
Options

3 am is about right. I woke up around 1:30 and everything was still normal, then again around 3:45 and it was back down to 7%. It was about 57% at 10:30 when I went to bed. 100% at 7:00 am when I put it on.

MarcosCvn
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same here with my Sport Gear. Third night in as row that the device died during the night... Samsung is offering ridiculous support ... funny thing is: 4 days ago i changed my iPhone for a galaxy s9+... starting to regret this decision

0 Likes