Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 12:33 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
Meganelisabeths
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing the same problem for the past two or three days. I haven't installed any updates so I have no clue why this is happening. 

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Useless response from Samsung help UK 

Hi there! Hope you're well. We're unable to comment on individual cases without full troubleshooting, however, we can run some troubleshooting steps with you to diagnose this issue further. Can you first confirm you're using the official charging dock and cable that came with your Gear? ^SA

phk
Navigator
Options

@Celiawheelia wrote:

Useless response from Samsung help UK 

Hi there! Hope you're well. We're unable to comment on individual cases without full troubleshooting, however, we can run some troubleshooting steps with you to diagnose this issue further. Can you first confirm you're using the official charging dock and cable that came with your Gear? ^SA

It'll be interesting to see what troubleshooting they expect you to do overnight when you're asleep! 

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

What a nightmare. 

I feel like I am having Deja Vu. I went through all this before with my old fitbit.

Wish I had never bought this watch. It's an incredibly expensive, not very feminine, digital watch.

Can't use it for my run or walk with the dog or to work any more because it's dead as a dodo in the mornings. 

0 Likes
MrLeaky
Journeyman
Options

A few days ago I started to have crazy battery drain issues as well on my Gear Sport... besides the other issues I already had (like HRM unusable for sport, erratic activity nudges, and sometimes the display simply not waking up). Yesterday I checked the battery stats from my phone, and it said that Notifications and Samsung Health used over 30% battery each. 😞 Basically it drains in a day, and can't get through the night even if I charged it in the morning.

I hardly have anything installed, and I'm using a simple, default watchface (Dashboard).

I hope Samsung will recognize this issue and take the appropriate steps to solve it.

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

@Dan0801 - I'm not massively techy and don't really understand what the differences are in the apps? Wearable app I know, but the s plug in, I don't know what that is. I'm probably not alone, but I might be 😳 

Is the process basically returning to an older version? 

I haven't updated anything for ages, except the weather app. And that was last week. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Samsung are useless. I have had my watch 6 months and want to try to get a refund. 

Surely if they can't fix this,they should be calling a product recall. 

Wonder if this affects the new galaxy watch too? 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

- Look on the bright side, while the watch is out of battery you dont have to worry about the faulty HR tracking, steps, sleep and steps, not forgetting Bixby:face-with-rolling-eyes:

At present it doesnt seem to be affecting the Galaxy Watch (well not the battery issue anyway) but I have just replaced my Galaxy S8 phone which has exact same symptoms as your Gear Watches, literally just replaced. 100% --> 0% while alseep

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

@Celiawheelia wrote:

@Dan0801 - I'm not massively techy and don't really understand what the differences are in the apps? Wearable app I know, but the s plug in, I don't know what that is. I'm probably not alone, but I might be 😳 

Is the process basically returning to an older version? 

I haven't updated anything for ages, except the weather app. And that was last week. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Samsung are useless. I have had my watch 6 months and want to try to get a refund. 

Surely if they can't fix this,they should be calling a product recall. 

Wonder if this affects the new galaxy watch too? 

Well, I'm also not sure about anything... Have IT degree but working as mechanical engineer for more than a decade so knowledge is absolutely not up to date :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Basically the process (as I see) is to completely reset every app which might influence the communication between the phone and the watch. Yes, it inculdes a downgrade then upgrade of the S plugin (saying again not sure just making assumptions) which might be the background app handling the connection between the devices. Or kinda that. It was probably installed (or activated) when you paired the watch with the phone. It's not really something like a dayly app, can be more like a utility.

I left my watch home today, so I'll give a try when I get home in the afternoon...

0 Likes
digidork4
Apprentice
Options

Mine won't even last 24 hours anymore.

It's a year old, I would get 3 to 4 days of use with one charge up until about a month ago.

I charge it in the morning, wear it for a day, go to bed, wake up with a dead watch. This is really frustrating and Samsung does nothing to support it's software. First and last gear watchi get!

0 Likes