Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 17-10-2018 09:13 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
DeanH
Apprentice
Options

I am glad I am not alone. I have had my Gear Sport for 2 weeks with no issues, now all of a sudden it dies overnight.  The last 2 night I have charged it to 100% before going to bed, now it is dead by morning. That battery drain is totally normal throughout the day, this is only happening at night. 

LE08
First Poster
Options

My Gear Sport started doing this 2 nights ago too.

I backed it up...did a reset....and restored my settings.

THIS DID NOT WORK.

I went to bed it had 75% battery life and the watch died AGAIN around 4 AM.

I have not downloaded any new apps...still using the same ones from early this year .

HELP!!!!

DeanH
Apprentice
Options

Same thing

0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

Nothing strange for me since the factory reset. However I did not restore anything and did not install any apps or watch faces.

7% drain in the last ~6 hours.20181017_174956.jpg

0 Likes
DeanH
Apprentice
Options

My Note 8 is also draining at an unusually high rate, and it seemed to have started about the same time as the watch issue

0 Likes
originalpmf
Journeyman
Options

@Dan0801

wrote:

Nothing strange for me since the factory reset. However I did not restore anything and did not install any apps or watch faces.

7% drain in the last ~6 hours.20181017_174956.jpg

During the day most have experienced regular battery drain, the problem seems to be draining overnight so it will be interesting to see what happens then.

0 Likes
Omcreations
First Poster
Options

I've been encountering the same issue. Always at night. I turned off a lot of things to check but nothing. I really think it was a software issue, but not necessarily firmware. I recall that a couple of the apps on the watch updated recently. 

0 Likes
Rass5
First Poster
Options

Same issue, 2 days ago the battery started draining much faster both day and night.

KennyT7
Journeyman
Options
As soon as I finished backing mine up it started draining at a normal rate. Didn't even get to the reset. Gonna see how it does tonight.
lmsmith
First Poster
Options
Im having the same issue....for the last 2-3 nights.. Frustrating!
0 Likes