Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 18-01-2017 02:50 PM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

Go to solution
157 REPLIES 157
beckerbao
Student
Options

Do you have the app name?

0 Likes
DVentura
Journeyman
Options

It's in one of my previous posts.

Auto Bluetooth Connector

Nanodoc88
First Poster
Options

I wish I saw this topic before buying this watch.
I have the same issue with my Iphone 8, this is ridiculous. My fitbit had no trouble reconnecting.

Does Samsung know about this?

0 Likes
philip0007
First Poster
Options

Trust me they don't care

0 Likes
Zuluman
Student
Options

Thanks for suggesting this app, with the correct settings I no longer have the annoying error with my Galaxy Watch.

I believe it's kinda hard to adapt to all bluetooth stacks at so many OS variants, yet other vendors can solve it smoothly...

0 Likes
Pieter77
Explorer
Options

Well, I just spoke to support (the Netherlands). They told me its a known issue and that it is because of the different operating systems (related to Iphone's IOS); "These are not really compatible and that's causing this". When I told them also Andriod users have the same issue, they just told me to reset the Watch...... If that's not really working, visit a support location. So indeed, from this side no real support. No questions about firmware version eg.... To bad! I don't want to reset my watch (and 'delete' all installed apps/ faces etc).

Zuluman
Student
Options

It is interesting that the author of the Bluetooth Auto Connect application even describes the problem in detail, yet Samsung ignores a solution. Most probably they have no idea of their own bluetooth stack....

FAQ

Bluetooth Connect Issue
The general concept in Bluetooth is the following. When your phone has Bluetooth on and you start your car (or other BT device) it is supposed send a broadcast about its presence. Your phone should intercept this presence and act accordingly. This requires two conditions to be met. The BT device must broadcast this presence and the phone must interecept it and handle it properly. Unfortunately the world is not perfect and some devices do not signal its presence and some Android ROMs (Samsung mainly) ignore the broadcast.

http://www.uniqtec.eu/applications/bluetooth-auto-connect.html

beckerbao
Student
Options

I can not find the app on app store. Are you sure it is for iphone

0 Likes
Pieter77
Explorer
Options

No I dont think its available for iPhone, as I said I cannot find it either!

0 Likes
DVentura
Journeyman
Options

From my original post

"I'm pairing it with my Mate 20 Pro, with all tunings of battery saving done and same problem."

I don't know if it exists or there is a similar for iPhone

0 Likes